Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Seat Help! *3 year old*

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:11 PM
  • 5 Replies

I have been trying to find a new potty chair for my 3 year old. He's perfectly potty trained, but he's still using a little potty chair that sits on the floor. I'm so sick of having to empty it out! He stands up and pees in the big toilet, but will only poop in his own chair. He will NOT sit on the big toilet. I think it's because it's uncomfortable for him, and he can't climb up to sit on it on his own without a step and handles. Does anyone have a product like this? I found one, but the reviews are horrible for it saying it is unsafe. I just know he won't use it unless it's very sturdy and he feels safe. Please, if anyone has used a product like this, or has a better alternative, I'm open to advice!! Here's a pic of what I'm looking at just to give you a better idea of what I'm talking about. TIA!

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Brasilmama
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:28 PM

Could you maybe put a safety handle by the toilet?

Bonnie
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:33 PM

They also make toddler-sized toilet seats that fit right onto the existing seat. I had one with handles. I believe I found it at Target.

Osstie
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:36 PM

Yeah I have one like that, but my son doesn't like it. He's not tall enough to just sit down on the toilet so he needs a step too.

Quoting Bonnie:

They also make toddler-sized toilet seats that fit right onto the existing seat. I had one with handles. I believe I found it at Target.

Bonnie
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:38 PM

Does your current potty chair double as a step stool? We had one of those. It made tooth brushing and hand washing easier... Anyway, that might help!

Osstie
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:49 PM

yes, I have a step stool in the bathroom for brushing teeth and washing hands, but I don't think he feels comfortable stepping on it and having to turn around and sitting down without anything to grab on to. He's a very cautious little boy.

Quoting Bonnie:

Does your current potty chair double as a step stool? We had one of those. It made tooth brushing and hand washing easier... Anyway, that might help!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)