Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 year old with a bladder infection???

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:56 PM
  • 19 Replies

Hi just wanted a little advice. I  am gonna take my daughter to the doctor but I wont be able to for about another week or so because my Medicaid got cancelled and I reapplied and I did qualify but im waiting for my new cards. Anyway my three year old daughter has been potty training and recently she started having some trouble, she used to tell me mommy I have to go peepee and hardly had any accidents but now she doesnt tell me if she has to go, she just does it in her pants. She has a lot of accidents to the point where I have to put pull ups on when we go out because she doesnt tell me if she has to go.

I kind of feel like she cant tell if she has to or not which worries me and also she started telling me that her tummy hurts all the time. At first I just thought she was just saying that because whenever she doesnt want to eat something she always says no its ok mommy my tummy hurts, but she has been saying it everyday so im thinking maybe she has a bladder infection. Does anyone have any advice?? Im so frustrated with the potty thing too, i wish potty training were easier.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JADIEBUG
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:57 PM

I would just take her in and pay the bill. if it is a bladder infection and you let it turn into a kidney infection it could permanently damage her kidneys.

mommy_meli
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:01 PM

i guess im gonna have to do that, its just that we have no money at all my husband is currently unemployed and we are living with my in laws but i will call the doctor right now.

owinj
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:01 PM

get her in immediatly!! ER If you have too. This can get into her kidneys very quickly and she can end up in the hospital. do not mess around with this. and idk if youve ever had one but they hurt like hell, poor thing. and if her stomach is hurting, not a good sign!

mommy_meli
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:04 PM

thats the thing i have had one before and i know how much it hurts and when she says my tummy hurts she looks like nothing is wrong and she continues playing like nothing

mommy_meli
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:11 PM

i just called her doctor they said i have to pay the bill right there on the spot i have no money at all at the moment so they said i have to get a paper with my medicaid number and of course no one ever picks up the social services office im really worried and dont even know wat to do

nessy1980
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:27 PM

My friends daughter had a bladder infection. her daughter was a baby but the way my friend found out was her daughter had a fever. If you really feel your dd has one take your daughter to a pediatrician if you cant pay a pediatrician take her to the ER and theyll bill you later. But if it is a bladder infection and you dont take care of it and it goes to the kidneys it can get bad. Another thing I think there are strips at wal greens that you can have your daughter pee on and itll tell you if she has a bladder infection.

kerijeanbean
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:30 PM

Yu can take her in.  Medicaid should pick up any medical bills for 90 prior to getting your cards.  Bladder infections are not something to play around with.  Ask your daughter if it hurts to pee.  It doesn't with everyone, but that is a much better indicator of a bladder infection.

Keri,

Wife to Bryan,

Mom to Christopher 3/27/2000, Blaine 12/15/2005, Elizabeth 2/9/2009

Help my friend April

mommy_meli
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:50 PM

thank you i have been on the phone with her ped ofice and they told me i had to have her ccn number i finally got a hold of someone in social services and they gave me another number was on hold for an hour. I finally got her ccn# and called her ped office again and they said ok now we need her healthnet number and I dont have that yet and now im on hold for another hour, i asked if i could just take her in and they said no

owinj
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:16 PM

the ER cant turn you away. if you cant get the info you need ....just go there

stevensmama13
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:19 PM

Quoting mommy_meli:

i guess im gonna have to do that, its just that we have no money at all my husband is currently unemployed and we are living with my in laws but i will call the doctor right now.

medicaid should pick  up anything 3 months back so you should be fine to take her to the er and they should cover it. i dont know if they cover a regular doctor but and ER cant turn you down and if you go to a county ER medicaid does pay 3 months back. take her in and have her checked out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)