Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is this...normal?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:59 PM
  • 7 Replies

(before i start, neither of the pictures are mine, they are just being used for a mental picture)

my son has learned to crawl!!!! which is great but he doesnt crawl like normal babies ive seen.  his left leg (when he crawls) is sorta like stading ish positioin like this,  but his knee is still kinda bent..when he crawls his right leg is stationed like this,  but its more like the ankle is attached to his butt, like he is sitting on it and the problem from there is, the right leg remains like that and he drags it behind him...it looks weird and tho he doesnt seem in pain im worried about him crawling like that...is this normal or am i justified enough to go and have his legs looked at???

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Osstie
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:01 PM

bump

aecooper
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:02 PM

My daughter crawled with one leg straight and the other leg bent.  So she used one foot and one knee.  She is now walking and can crawl normal.  that was just how she wanted to crawl at the time.  Hope this helped. 

mommycooper24
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:08 PM

i think it is my 1st son pushed up with his arms but did an army crawl and my 2nd never crawled i would just mention it to the dr next time ur baby goes for a ck up i wouldnt worry

canthaveboys1
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:12 PM

My baby called about 10 different ways before it was normal. i think he is fine. 

kerijeanbean
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:55 PM

Some babies just crawl like that.  If you are really worried about it then talk to your pediatrician the next time you take him in.

Keri,

Mom to two boys and a girl.

Please help April

Daynaof3
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:59 PM

My son crawled like that too, I have a pic of it but not on the pc, I will see if I can get it on here to show you.

He kinda scooted more than crawled, he would keep one leg under and the other to the side on his foot and use only one hand. He used the other hand to carry things with him while he moved. As he got older he would do both the "normal" crawl and the other crawl. It's not unusual for them to have varying crawls, each baby is different.

ETA: Here are pics of pics, lol one didn't come out that great and you can see the logo from my phone in it. =D

nickchick
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:08 PM

sounds normal, every baby does whats easier for them  or until they get it right. theres times u have to help them along with. just give it time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)