Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Urine Smell in infant boy?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:28 PM
  • 3 Replies

Ok, so my 2 month old's wet diapers have been having a slight smell to them. It's not strong, and it's really not even that foul- but it's just enough to where I can tell he has a wet diaper. The doc doesn't seem too concerned as he doesn't have a fever and hasn't been acting different, also there is no color to his urine that I've observed. I am worried because he has had a UTI in the past. Is it normal for baby's urine to have a slight smell to it? He has also been peeing alot, and he is exclusively breastfed.  Any ideas?

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Bella_Madre
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:30 PM

i feel the need to also mention that my husband doesn't usually smell it at all.  Maybe I'm just crazy :/

canthaveboys1
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:32 PM

Ok, sometimes I can smell my daughters. My nose got super sensitive during pregnancy, it never went away and I can smell everything.

Daynaof3
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:50 PM

Quoting Bella_Madre:

i feel the need to also mention that my husband doesn't usually smell it at all.  Maybe I'm just crazy :/

Not crazy, just a normal mom worrying like we all do! =)

Just watch him to see if he does end up with a fever or any other UTI symptoms. Your sense of smell might just be better than others, that also doesn't make you crazy. ; )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)