Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crib vs Pack N Play

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:22 PM
  • 9 Replies

Poll

Question: Which one?

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 7

View Results

Does your baby sleep in a  crib or pack n play? If pack n play why did you choose that?

My 3 month old wont sleep in a crib only his pack n play so im considering getting rid of our crib but my dh thinks its a crazy idea.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ballewal
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:24 PM

My DD slept in a pack and play when she was little. Just because at 3 months your kid won't sleep in a crib doesn't mean that in three months it will be the same. Keep the crib. 

BabyJae
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:25 PM

My ds sleeps in his crib at night and pack n play in the  afternoon. My ds wants nothing to do with the crib unless its at night. lol. WHen my ds was a baby she just slept in her crib.

ImHisMommy
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:26 PM

My son slept in his pack n play in my room until I decided it was time for me to try letting him sleep in his own room at 6 months and he has been sleeping in his crib ever since.

I personally wouldn't get rid of the crib.

jillbailey26
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:08 PM

Our daughter is/was a preemie.  She was born at 30 weeks.  When we finally got to bring her home, she only slept in her pack-n-play.  After a while, we figured that she's comfortable in it, so we might as well skip buying a crib and crib mattress and keep the pack-n-play.  Luckily she's small for her age and at 18 months still sleeps in it.  When she outgrows it, we'll skip the toddler bed and go to a twin bed with railings.

CjEmmemommy
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:11 PM

My kids only used a pack in play when we were out of town... If that was  the only place they would sleep I would use it but they can't be used as long as a crib can so I would want to move them to one at some point.. They also aren't as comfy so my kids didn't love them!

I lied with my son he slept in the pack n play in our room for about 3 months after he was too big for the bassinet but I wasn't ready to send him out, he went to a crib just fine though so I could keep it!

Erica

a wedding website

kerijeanbean
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:52 PM

My oldest and youngest use(d) the crib.  My middle child wouldn't use the crib and only slept in the pack and play.  I agree that just because your baby won't use the crib now he won't ever use it.  Keep in mind that the pack and play is small.  He will be able to sleep in the crib a lot longer.  My oldest was in the crib until he was about 26 months old.

Keri,

Mom to two boys and a girl.

Please help April

canthaveboys1
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:01 PM

Keep the crib. Babies change after a while. 

beckygeiger
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:12 PM

My daughter slept in our room in the pack and play for the first few mos, than we transitioned her to her crib around 4 1/2 mos then we put the pack-n-play in the living room it was nice for her to be able to lay down in the living room and had the added bonus of having the changing table there too. By 18 mos she knew how to climb out of the pack-n-play so she had to sleep on the floor if we traveled. She slept in her crib until after she was 2. I definitely would not get rid of the crib, you will use it later!

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:53 PM

They are both so handy! Keep the crib, in case you have more kids. Just put it away for now. If the pack and play is working, just go with it!

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)