• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding question...please help! (PIOG)

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:33 PM
  • 13 Replies

My daughter was born 11-11-09. I was nursing but on Thanksgiving day I had to go in for emergency surgery and the meds they had me on after made me dry up, I was very upset. Today my husband not thinking left her on the couch and she rolled off. I picked her up and consoled her. Well when I went to lay her down again I realized that I had leaked-ALOT. My questions are- Am I still lactating? Would I be able to get her back on the breast from being on the bottle? What should I do to get her back to the breast?

Please help, I really want to breastfeed!!!

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinmyboys...
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:34 PM

All you can do is try it and see if it works.  Good luck.

CafeMom Tickerssanta blue

jeromeo
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:35 PM

You may be able to.  Just have her latch on again on each side and you need to have that sucking motion to get your milk back.  Or you can try to pump to get your milk back.  Call your doctor.  They would be the best to get that kind of advice from.

StaceysMom4706
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:36 PM

Quoting lovinmyboys...:

exactly what i was gonna say!

good luck

Alexandria 

kerijeanbean
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:38 PM

Just put her on the breast.  Hopefully she will latch on and all will be great again.  I would withhold the bottle for a reasonable amount of time.  If she hasn't latched on and eaten in 4 hours then offer the bottle and try again with the next feeding.   

As for her falling off the couch, both of my last two babies have done that.  She should be alright.

Keri,

Mom to two boys and a girl.

Please help April

queenpmommy
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:39 PM

Try I stopped early because of what certain people were telling me and I regret it to this day so if you can and want to go for it

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:39 PM

Nurse.  Nurse.  Nurse.

Seriously.  Spend the day (or two!) in bed with your little one, skin to skin, and nurse on demand.  You can definitely do it!  Don't supplement with formula (unless, of course, she's not nursing for you) - as long as you're getting 6-8 wet diapers, you're making plenty of milk.  Just make sure you nurse on demand.   :)

Not sure if you already belong, but there's a great breastfeeding group here on CafeMom.  Also, check out kellymom.com.  They have LOTS of great info on there.

Good luck!!

PS - Hope you're doing well after your surgery!  :)

tginn20
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:45 PM

Bump-any other tips would be great!! Thanks!

tabi_cat1023
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:49 PM

YES YES YES you can do this, only way you couldn't is if you had breasts removed.  Theres tons of ways to get your milk fully back too, wish someone had told you after the surgery.  GEEZ

Join this group

http://www.cafemom.com/group/37539

heres info

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/adopt/index.html

reux
by Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:51 PM

I've read and heard that it's possible!  Good luck with it! 

mommy2bunny
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:56 PM

Quoting StaceysMom4706:

Quoting lovinmyboys...:

exactly what i was gonna say!

good luck

same here!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)