• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have morning sickness so bad again. Please help!!!

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:07 PM
  • 5 Replies

I am pregnant with our second baby. I was very sick with our little girl and it's starting to go the same way with this baby. I want to stay away from the hospital if possible. I was hooked up to 4 I.V's with Emma because I was so sick. I am keeping fluids down better this time and eating better, but I am still throwing up and very queasy. Any suggestions would be so helpful on how to relive my morning sickness. I know it's not going to go away completely, but it's making it so hard to get out of bed, take care of my daughter and go to work.

Thanks.

Joni

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
myfoursonsks
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:12 PM
lundaylove
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:54 PM

chances are if you needed ivs and medication with your last pregnancy to control the morning sickness, it was Hyperemesis Gravidarum, and if you had it last time you probably have it again. It may not be as agressive the second (or third,etc.) time around but it may still need to be controlled by anti nausea medication. I know mine did and without it i was so sick and miserable and there was no way i could take care of my kids without it.

Remember this, if you are throwing up more than 4 times in 1 hour or 6 times in 24 hours than you MUST go to the ER for IV fluids as you will be dehydrated and you will be putting your baby at risk, You dont want that.

Sarah,words arent enough to say we're sorry, our thoughts and prayers are with you.rest in peace lil man.

shoegirl01
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:11 PM

Hey Momma,

Congrats on your new arrival.  I was so sick with my son, so I feel for you.  First drink more fluids then you think you need, 8 bottles of water a day.  My husband comes from a huge Jewish family, and they have this cracker called 'Motza'.  It saved me.  You can find it in most grocery stores.  Its super bland and is the only thing that would help me.  Other than that, I just ate when I could, and found that fruit was really good and settling. 

Good luck!

Having a bad day?  Come vent here WITHOUT the drama of the other groups!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/momsventing

shoegirl01
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:12 PM

Also, the doctor had me take half a unisom before bed.  This helped turmendosly because I was able to sleep with out puking. 

Having a bad day?  Come vent here WITHOUT the drama of the other groups!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/momsventing

kerijeanbean
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:14 PM

Benadryl.  It is safe to take while pregnant and was the only thing that helped with my last pregnancy.

Keri,

Mom to two boys and a girl.

Please help April

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)