Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas party outfit help!!! **edited with added photo of the dress**

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:48 PM
  • 7 Replies

Okay, I have no "nice" "sexy" clothes for a party. DH's company is having a Christmas party and he needs to have "eye candy" with him..... so he is sending me to the mall to buy an outfit. The thing is... I have horrible taste and no freaking idea what to wear!! (And I am partially colorblind). PLUS he wants me to go get my hair done too.... uhm... yikes!

What kind of clothes should I buy? He said that it is not casual, but not formal. He would like some cleavage, and to look curvasious and fit... uhm... what the hell can that be?

Help!!??!

This is me (see I told you I have bad taste!! This blouse makes me look much bigger than I am!! I had no idea and I've been wearing this top a lot and then I saw these pics and I look a lot bigger than I am, ahhhh!!!)

**Update- so here I am all dressed up for the night! DH says thanks for the red shoes idea. Thanks for the advice on the dress!

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mahal628
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:54 PM

I wish I had a body like yours............... I was always told that you can't go wrong with a little black dress and maybe a wrap of some sort..... Good luck on finding one................

steffielou_who
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:11 PM

I was gonna reccomend the same thing! A little black dress!

Quoting mahal628:

I wish I had a body like yours............... I was always told that you can't go wrong with a little black dress and maybe a wrap of some sort..... Good luck on finding one................

wedding planning

remaining_me
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:25 PM

i thought this would be along the lines of what your hubby would like. shows of the shape, cleavage is in there, its simple but its still really cute. I'm not a fan of the way the bottom is waved like that, but this was just an example. And I'd go wild with a shoe, def something in color, along with a small clutch.. and you look like u'd be hot with a down do, so i'd wear the hair out! well good luck hun and enjoy the party.

queenpmommy
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:33 PM

sorry I am horriable at this kinda of stuff I take help but good luck and have fun pamper your self

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:57 PM

I wish I had a reason to go buy a dress! I don't own a SINGLE ONE LOL! The dress from the PP is beautiful, and I agree with bright shoes! And don't worry about the hair, if you get it done, just let them go for it!

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

dorojas
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:01 PM

the pic of that dress posted earlier is GORGEOUS!!

when you get an outfit make sure it fits the largest part of your body well..if it's to big in other places it's easy to have it taken in.

if you have short legs make sure its no lower than knee lenght or you'll look squat.

if you have good size hips and a small waist in comparison try and accentuate that...it'll create a more hour glass figure. and any thing low cut to bring out cleavage.

if you go w/ a black dress add color w/ your shoes and accessories. if you're short you can use nude colored shoes to create the image of longer legs. i love black dresses w/ red heels.

you're really pretty so it won't take much for your hair. i would recommend down style if you go w/ a low cut dress...large loose curls look glam and sexy...a professional blow out is really sleek and always hot

good luck and i'm sure you're gonna look great!

MumsTheWord571
by on Dec. 18, 2009 at 2:35 AM

bump!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)