Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

19 year old sister in law - such a loser/slacker - need advice

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:18 PM
  • 2 Replies
My sister in law is 19 years old. She graduated high school about 6 months ago (barely) and hasn't done anything since. When I say hasn't done anything, I'm not being dramatic - she doesn't have a job, doesn't have a license (not even a learners permit), doesn't help around the house - absolutely NOTHING! Well, she does go hang out at her friends houses for days at a time or sits in her room watching anime. My husband will be home from the Army for 2 weeks for Christmas and I'm thinking that maybe he and I should try to talk to her. Her mom tries to talk to her and she just gets an attitude and rolls her eyes. Something has to give - she's so smart but has absolutely no motivation to do anything. She's never even had a boyfriend. I went as far as to printing out all the FAFSA worksheets for her (for federal financial aid for college) and lots of info on student loans and she won't even take the time to fill it out. Has anybody ever had any experience with a sibling or kid like this? What worked? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MyLittleMan105
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:32 PM

I have no experience with this, but I would kick her butt out of my house unless she got a job, into school, or both!

Just my opinion. Here's a BUMP for you, and I hope someone can help. Unfortunately, it sounds like she needs a good kick in the pants.

Its super nice of you to be concerned but I doubt this is something you can fix, but GL!

CafeMom Tickers
1stTimeMomHolly
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 10:55 AM
BUMP

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)