Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Throwing up blood...

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:30 PM
  • 9 Replies

My one year old daughter has been throwing up blood today... we spent most of the day in the ER.. :(  I was wondering if anyone has any experience with kids throwing up blood or if you've done it yourself... they were unsure why she was doing it, we're supposed to follow up with her OB tomorrow.. any help????

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
truely914
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:34 PM

IDK.  That has to be scary!   Best Wishes!!     Keep us posted.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:54 PM

No experience, I hope she feels better soon! You meant PED, right? Not OB? Anyway, keep us updated...

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

swizzlefiz
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:05 PM

I learned in first aid classes that if you have a nose bleed and tilt your head back instead of down all the blood goes into your stomach ... then you throw up blood .... I know the cold weather makes my nose bleed.  I hope its nothing serious.  GL mama.

newmom28
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:14 PM

Ya its very scary!!!!

Quoting truely914:

IDK.  That has to be scary!   Best Wishes!!     Keep us posted.

dusky_rose
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:16 PM

Never experienced that with my children so here is a bump and wishing you luck.

mlg871
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:16 PM

Maybe she swallowed something she shouldn't have?  Did they do xrays?

ta2dirishlass
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:19 PM

When my daughter had a nasty stomach flu, she began to throw up blood because she got a little tear in her esophagus from the vomiting. IV fluids fixed it but it was scary to watch.

After coming into contact with a religious man I always feel I must wash my hands.--Friedrich Nietzsche

mommycooper24
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:28 PM

my kids have never thrown up bloood but i do at least once a month i have ulcers in my stomach and anytime i throw up there is blood

IluvAsialots4
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:33 PM

nope!

the only time ive coughed out blood was when i had a major nosebleed. i

Im.. a mother to Asia Sister to Rocco, Dylan & Roger, Aunt to 11 kids, a single mother, a AIDS & HIV+ supporter, a retired pothead, a sex lover, a new jersey resident and...I wouldnt change my life for the world <3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)