Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many would you?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:12 PM
  • 95 Replies

Poll

Question: How many gifts each??

Options:

Or more??

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 116

View Results

How many christmas gifts do you get each of your children?

So far i got my DD 10 from my hubby and me .. and 3 some what big ones from santa

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
my4kidsrock2
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:16 PM

We have 4 kids and can't really afford to go overboard. Besides my 2 oldest actually asked us to donate any money that we would spend on them this year. So we are going to buy half the amount we usually would and donate the other half for them.

hailnbray
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:32 PM

they each get 1 big gift (meaning over 100) most of what they get is 20-30 range and a bunch of little stuff under 10.00 this yeah my son got a total of 75 things but this counts his pjs, story books, stocking stuffers ect. my daughter gor 65 but she doesnt have anything real small. shes got a few video games which cost more then most of my sons little items. it seems like a high number but 20 of them are just in clothing

My daughter has autism but she can laugh, cry, and love just like yours. she may never dress herself but she can go to college and become a dr.  she may never make friends her own age but shes my friend for life. and please if u ever get the chance to meet my daughter, stop looking at her like shes a brat, she cant help her stairs or attitudes u can help urs. get to close u might get bit but it wont give u autism. do yourself a favor look it up. 

nikki0522
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:37 PM

My kids each have 10+, but they are mostly in the $10-$15 price range. The most expensive gift I bought was for DS#1 and it was $30. Alot of the gifts I bought are books ($2-$3 each), puzzles (about $3 each), dollar store toys and PS2 games (approx. $3 each).

YuppyMom
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:14 PM

Lots.  LOL.  I do not count. 

Our house last CHristmas morning....

(The bottom tree is stocking stuffers...)

shoegirl01
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:20 PM

Honestly, this makes me pretty sad.  I am doing fund raisers to feed the homeless and needy, as well as donating gifts for children in need.  In these pictures I see so many people I could feed with only five of these gifts.  :( 

Quoting YuppyMom:

Having a bad day?  Come vent here WITHOUT the drama of the other groups!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/momsventing

YuppyMom
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:22 PM

People have to do what they are comfortable with.  We ALSO do for others beside our own at the holidays.  We do adopt a family programs as well as Angel tree gifts and have done full meals for families as well.  My husband contributes out of EVERY paycheck as well...  I do not feel guilty about how we celebrate.

Quoting shoegirl01:

Honestly, this makes me pretty sad.  I am doing fund raisers to feed the homeless and needy, as well as donating gifts for children in need.  In these pictures I see so many people I could feed with only five of these gifts.  :( 

Quoting YuppyMom:

shoegirl01
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:26 PM

I applaud you for doing what you do.  However, I see in these pictures 'gift over load' maybe this year consider not purchasing a few of those unnecessary gifts and using that money to give to a homeless shelter, or the entire amount to a family in need.  It will give you a feeling much more fulfilling than any gift could.  I'm getting my entire neighborhood involved in giving this year, as well as throwing benefit concerts with all proceeds going to feeding people, cutting out the extras as well so I can give more. 

Quoting YuppyMom:

People have to do what they are comfortable with.  We ALSO do for others beside our own at the holidays.  We do adopt a family programs as well as Angel tree gifts and have done full meals for families as well.  My husband contributes out of EVERY paycheck as well...  I do not feel guilty about how we celebrate.

Quoting shoegirl01:

Quoting YuppyMom:

shoegirl01
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:28 PM

I'm so proud of your kids!  I hope I raise mine as good as you have yours and he will do something as selfless one day :)

Quoting my4kidsrock2:

We have 4 kids and can't really afford to go overboard. Besides my 2 oldest actually asked us to donate any money that we would spend on them this year. So we are going to buy half the amount we usually would and donate the other half for them.

YuppyMom
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:28 PM

I do not feel a need to do less for my own, to do more for others.  We do what we feel is MORE than ample.    How much is under our tree has no impact on how much we do for others. 

Have an awesome holiday.!!!!

Quoting shoegirl01:

I applaud you for doing what you do.  However, I see in these pictures 'gift over load' maybe this year consider not purchasing a few of those unnecessary gifts and using that money to give to a homeless shelter, or the entire amount to a family in need.  It will give you a feeling much more fulfilling than any gift could.  I'm getting my entire neighborhood involved in giving this year, as well as throwing benefit concerts with all proceeds going to feeding people, cutting out the extras as well so I can give more. 

Quoting YuppyMom:

Quoting shoegirl01:

Quoting YuppyMom:

elopez311
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:29 PM

Hey are you the one that made a post last week about making bags for the homeless people in your area and requesting goods from your neighbors? I'm sorry, I just thought that was great and I made a post not long ago to help spread the word for someone trying to do just what you are doing. I will go bump again. I'm not big on giving lots of presents to my loved ones at Christmas time. There are so many other people that need things a lot more than we do. I would have to say I give less than 4 to my son. He has what he needs year round.

Quoting shoegirl01:

Quoting YuppyMom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)