Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dialated...

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:34 PM
  • 11 Replies

Okay I went to my doctor's 2day and she said I dialated 3cm (YAY). I am 38wks! She didn't even make a doctor's appt for me next week because said I probably already had the baby by then. My due date isn't until the 27th. So my question is how long did it take before ur water broke and how fast can u get to 10cm?

Also my doc told me if I want I can go head up to the hospital but I figure I would be just there waiting all night and they would monitor my contractions or I can stay home and wait it out. What do all think I should do?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hailnbray
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:36 PM

i was 3 cm a whole month before i gave birth so unless ur in labor just sit tight 

My daughter has autism but she can laugh, cry, and love just like yours. she may never dress herself but she can go to college and become a dr.  she may never make friends her own age but shes my friend for life. and please if u ever get the chance to meet my daughter, stop looking at her like shes a brat, she cant help her stairs or attitudes u can help urs. get to close u might get bit but it wont give u autism. do yourself a favor look it up. 

Honeybun09
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:37 PM

I was 2cm for 2 weeks. My water didn't break until I was already at the hospital in active labor. Nobody broke it for me, it broke on it's own at 7cm. I had a midwife so they weren't rushing to break it for me thankfully. :)

I am a US citizen, formula feeding but will breastfeed until child self weans next time, co-sleeping for at least 6 months, extended rear facing and harnessing to the maximum, God loving and fearing, spanking as a last resort believing, anti-CIO until age 1, learning to cook, disposable diapering but will cloth diaper next time, health care is a human right believing, part-time working opposite of husband's full-time shifts to not use daycare, trying to recycle more mommy to one beautiful mixed baby girl!  My husband is a legal Mexican United States citizen, who is the most amazing man, husband, and father.

raleighmom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:39 PM

I  would wait it out at home.  Good luck and congrats!

amber_mommyof2_
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:39 PM

you could be dialated 3cm for a couple wks..im not saying you will be. with my first my water broke and had her 12hrs later. my 2nd my water was broke by the dr and i had him 6hrs later. so everyone is different..it varies.

amber_mommyof2_
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:41 PM

forgot to say...id wait it out. with my first i drank castor oil and it put me in labor 3hrs later (i was 3 days past due.) maybe that will help you move faster...but it is GROSS!lol

swtsthrnmomma
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:46 PM

If you aren't having contractions too bad then I would wait it out. Its ultimately up to you especially if your doctor already told you that you can go to the hospital. Good luck, keep us updated, and Congrats.

tanya_marieh
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:53 PM

I was at 2 cm for over a month with my DD so it could really take a while yet

mhoeller
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:53 PM

I would wait its much more comfortable at home than there. Plus they will make you walk around to help the process. I was dialated to a 3 and I ended up getting induced later that day. They said I probably would have gone soon though. I went from a 3 to a 10 in 6 hours, that was on PIT. They say the average is about 1cm per hour of hard labor. If it isn't your first you could go a lot faster.

mdhogg25
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:11 PM

Quoting mhoeller:

I would wait its much more comfortable at home than there. Plus they will make you walk around to help the process. I was dialated to a 3 and I ended up getting induced later that day. They said I probably would have gone soon though. I went from a 3 to a 10 in 6 hours, that was on PIT. They say the average is about 1cm per hour of hard labor. If it isn't your first you could go a lot faster.

That's the samething I was thinking at home is way more comfortable then sitting in the hosptial. I know for sure my Mucus Plug has been coming out with a lil bit of blood mix in it. This is my 2nd child so hopefully it will come faster. I'm ready to get it done and over with!

CafeMom Tickers
mdhogg25
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:13 PM

Quoting swtsthrnmomma:

If you aren't having contractions too bad then I would wait it out. Its ultimately up to you especially if your doctor already told you that you can go to the hospital. Good luck, keep us updated, and Congrats.

I am having some contractions. There just not strong or to the point where I can't handle them. I haven't been timing them like I should but if I was to guess I would say there like 20 mins apart.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)