• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Worst Mom Ever!!!!!!

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:38 PM
  • 6 Replies

Okay so yesterday I was cleaning my 3 year old son's fish tank which was really dirty because I havent cleaned it in a while.  Well I poured most of the water out and "thought" I poured the fish into a cup.  I could have sworn it went into the cup (the water was really cloudy).  I poured the rest of the water out in the sink and dumped all the rocks into a strainer so I could rinse them.  Sooo I finished cleaning the tank...put new water in it...put the rocks back in... and then poured in the fish..but there was NO FISH!!!!!  I am pretty sure I dumped him down the garbage disposal!!!!!  I have no idea how it happened..but that fish is MIA!!!  I feel sooo awful..he has had that little fish for over a year now..

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jcp270
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:39 PM

we all have our moments.  Just get him a new one and crisis is over. 

raleighmom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:40 PM

Uh oh! Just tell your child the fish misses the ocean. 

Bonnie
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:42 PM

Quoting raleighmom:

Uh oh! Just tell your child the fish misses the ocean. 

LOL! This sounds like sound advice to me. :-)

LittleMomma13
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:43 PM

your not a bad mom. these things happen. just say he missed his mommy and went home and its time to get a new one! or if he's old enough just explained that mommy made a mistake and that your really sorry. GL

swizzlefiz
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:58 PM

The first fish we had that died we had to bury in the backyard ... after that I've become really good at making up excuses .... the fish is hiding in the filter(get the replacement while dd is at school),  all drains lead to the ocean, like nemo the fish wanted to go home .... maybe the bigger fish ate the smaller one ..... lol  Someday when shes grown and I tell her the truth, I'm sure she'll hate me :)

blessedwahmof3
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:09 PM

Don't feel too bad, we all make mistakes.  I did something similar with one of our fish before too.  My DH did something even worse.  My oldest got a rabbit from Santa for Xmas when he was 5.  We kept it in a cage on the back porch.  One day he came home and decided the cage stunk and needed to be cleaned so he set it outside on our little picnic table.  We had to go to something at the school that evening and forgot about the rabbit.  The next morning when he went to go to work, the rabbit cage had been knocked over by some neighbors dogs, and I'm sure was lunch.  We just told him that the wind knocked the cage over and the rabbit ran into the farmers field behind our house.  For the next year, anytime we saw a rabbit that was similar in color to his we said it must be Jolly or one of his babies.  We are all human and thank goodness our children survive our mistakes.

Want quick and easy meals for your family? Go to my website at www.thegourmetcupboard.com or email me at www.simplegourmetmixes.com for more information.

Want to make money while helping others make money and bring families back to the dinner table? Ask me how you can get started today for FREE!! Email me at simplegourmetmixes@gmail.com
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)