Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

in serious need of help to potty train my boy

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:45 PM
  • 7 Replies

ok so i have been trying to potty train my boy he is three now. he just wont do it i have tried everything i have been told to try but it wont work is there something any of you can tell me to do that may help. i need to get him potty trained so that i can put him in daycare so i can go back to work part time next year when my oldest will be in school full time. that way i wont be stuck in the house every day all day. i really need all the advice i can get and i thank you in advance

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
AngelicaRenee
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:46 PM

have you tried the bare bottom method? it worked for my son

jcp270
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:48 PM

Seriously the best advice I can give you about potty training is that it is up to them.  Don't push, don't stress and it will happen.  Sorry, that's all I got.  Good luck!! 

funmommy123
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:54 PM
  1. When my son was 2yr old I started taking him to the potty every 2 hrs or so. At first he wasn't into it and didnt want to sit on the toilet. So One day I gave him alot to drink lol and then took him to the bathroom and he he didn't have to sit long, and he went  pee. He started to like it after that and realized it was nothing bad.
mommy2bunny
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:55 PM

My mom is in the potty training business...in other words, I guess you can say, she's a professional potty trainer.  lol.  Anyway, I wrote a journal on what she does to help others like you.  Please read it.  If you have any questions, please ask!

CLICK HERE

Apowell8506
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:03 PM

*FIRST DONT PUT ON ANY DIAPPERS NONE WHAT SO EVER! DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT PUTTING ON TRAINING PANTS EITHER.... LOL MY DS THOUGHT THEY WERE THE SAME AND HE JUST WENT IN THEM ANYWAY!!! LOL THEY DIDNT HELP ANY... The training pants that have the fade away stuff on the front ONLY MAKES HIM WANT TO GO PEE IN THEM! LOL!!!

He will learn better with underwear, He can feel when he goes & HE WILL COME AND GET YOU TO CHANGE HIM! (THIS WAY YOU CAN GET A TIME FRAME OF HOW OFTEN HE GOES.

I Just got my 3 year DS potty trained---- phew & the first two week were He**! But as long as you keep up with him it will work. I let him put fruit loops in the potty to go on, he liked that. LOL I know its funny!!! I went to the dollar store and let him pick out prizes then we went to find some underwear that he picked out on his own..... While doing this explain what they are for and that hes such a big boy this helped soo much   He was so proud of himself to hear he was a big boy!

I also would set the oven timer for every 35-40 minutes & go and set him on the potty even if he said he didnt have to go. I let him pick out a book or two and we read it. Have the prize in a stocking or wraped waiting for him in another room to be rewarded for when he does go.. MAKE SURE TO SHOW HIM THE PRIZE ALL WRAPED AND TELL HIM THIS IS FOR WHEN YOU GO POTTY LIKE A BIG BOY! THIS WILL get him all excited..

Make sure you get all excited AND SUPER EXCITED! LOL  I would almost jump up and down when he would just go and sit on the potty, and when he went I DID JUMP UP AND DOWN AND GAVE HIM HUGS AND KISSES AND THEN A PRIZE!

I hope this helps. I ALSO JOINED A GROUP 3 DAY POTTY TRAINING... THIS HELP ME AS WELL! BEST OF LUCK TO YOU BOTH

DONT GIVE UP KEEP AT IT! THAT IS THE MAIN THING... ITS SOOOO EASY TO GIVE UP AND THEN IT WILL BE THAT MUCH HARDER TO TRAIN AGAIN...

hugs

jrp0606
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:18 PM
We started by making a big deal about his potty seat, he got to put stickers etc on it and sit on it bare butt in the living room. After he was used to it we moved it too the bathroom and everytime DH or I went potty DS came too and sat on his potty. We were very lucky though because from their he got it. He was diaper free by 2 and half. My nephew by comparison wouldn't even sit on the potty. No amount of bribery or anything would help. Finally we just took away the diapers and pull ups and let him have accidents until he figured it out. He was 4 when we did that so he knew what was going on he just didn't want to do it.

kat127
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:22 PM

there are several ways to do this my son leaarned by watching his father , brother , or friends at daycare ... i had kids at my daycare play firehose game they think they are a firefighter n tell them to put out fire in toilet hurry quick ... cheerios shooting lots of stuff also a potty chart with stickers for every time they get it in potty

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)