Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need advice

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:46 PM
  • 6 Replies

Im nursing my daughter almost 10months old. She eats solids and nurses. Im also on the mini pill. Maybe a month ago I forgot a pill and Im not good at taking it precisely at the same time every day but usually within a few hours every evening.  I havent had a period since before I got pregnant with her. So i wouldnt know when to expect one. My question is I havent been feeling normal lately. Really exhausted and about a week ago my breasts got noticable larger (husband even took notice) but then after a few days kinda went back to normal again. Just to make sure I wasnt pregnant I took a preg test a week ago and came back neg. Do you know the chances of getting pregnant under those circumstances? Im not sure if I should just take another test in a few weeks or if it could just be hormone changes with my daughter not nursing as much. Thanks for your advice.

Amanda

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Amanda_20
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:51 PM

Anyone?.....

ThePinkRobot
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:57 PM

The chances of getting pregnant under those circumstances are pretty slim.  I can't give you a real number, but if you figure that normally there are only about 10 days out of the month that you can get pregnant, then factor in that you have not gotten your period yet due to breastfeeding, and the fact that you are on the mini pill, you are protected pretty well.  Of course it is a possibility.  But with a negative preg test it's looking pretty slim.  Your mind can play tricks on you, I know mine does!  Maybe you were just fighting off a cold or something and that's why you were tired.  Maybe you will be starting your period soon and your body is out of whack. 

Amanda_20
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:00 PM

Thanks. I wasnt concerned about not having a period. I never had one when I nursed my older daughter too. Maybe Im just exhausted from having a 2 1/2 and 10month old. lol

ben127
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:02 PM

first you are supposed to take the pill within half an hour of the same time everyday. just because you haven't gotten your period doesn't mean you can't get pregnant. and if you are feeding solids to baby now then you need to get a stronger bc. i got pregnant twice on the mini pill. so yes its very likely.

Amanda_20
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:23 PM

Really my OB said I could only take the mini pill until she was completely weaned

Quoting ben127:

first you are supposed to take the pill within half an hour of the same time everyday. just because you haven't gotten your period doesn't mean you can't get pregnant. and if you are feeding solids to baby now then you need to get a stronger bc. i got pregnant twice on the mini pill. so yes its very likely.

ThePinkRobot
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:30 PM

Yeah it's the best.  I'm still on the mini and my son is 19 months.  If you take regular hormonal BC you risk your milk drying up.

Quoting Amanda_20:

Really my OB said I could only take the mini pill until she was completely weaned

Quoting ben127:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)