• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my daughter is measuring small....piog

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:52 PM
  • 4 Replies

well i went to the dr. today and found out that my daughter is measuring small. she is measuring 31 weeks 5 days, and im 33 weeks 4 days....now the dr. said that its nothing to worry about.(but he says that with everything, which i know is a good thing. but im still kinda worried)....she weighs 4lb 4oz.....

anyways, my question is..does that sound too small? do you remeber how big your baby was at 33 weeks....any input would be greatly apprciated....

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Larue09
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:54 PM

Honestly, those prenatal ultrasounds can be waaay off. At 35 weeks they told me my baby was already 7lbs 1 oz, well when she was born 3 wks later, she was the samw weight! lol. So i know the ultrasound was off because i sure did grow! Usually they say a pound in either direction. Is there any possibility of your due date being off?

aecooper
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:01 PM

I measured small too, I don't remember how small she measured when I was 33 weeks.  Though I know I was smaller than that, my doctor contacted a NICU doctor for his advice.  My daughter was born 4 weeks early, due to her only gaining 0.2 ounces the last 2 weeks I was pregnant.  When she was born she weighed 4 pounds and 12 ounces.   

Amanda_20
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:04 PM

With both of my babies they measured small. I gave birth to both 3 wks early my oldest weighed 7lbs exactly my youngest weighed 6lbs 13ounces. Both perfect and healthy. Can you imagine how big they would be if i went full term. Dont worry. Measurements are often wrong.

nessy1980
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:18 PM

My youngest had IUGR and I was induced because he was measuring small. When I was getting induced I had a newborn nurse I forgot what they are called she told me the smallest babies are the sometimes the strongest babies and she was right in my case because Julien was 5 pounds 8 ounces and he was the strongest out of the 3 kids I had. Btw I delivered at 36 weeks and 6 days 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)