Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sugar free cookie help!

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:55 PM
  • 5 Replies

my FIL is a diabetic  and we are having a x-mas party at their house on saturday and i wanted to make cut out cookies but i dont know any good surgar free ones for him so can someone please help!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
luvjulie
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:21 PM

If you go on the American diabetes Association there might be a recipe there. Also just subbing regular sugar for splenda works. 

Beautiful__mama
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:38 PM

i didnt know if splenda has sugar in it and if i can use it for him.i dont know anything about what he has

Quoting luvjulie:

If you go on the American diabetes Association there might be a recipe there. Also just subbing regular sugar for splenda works. 

CafeMom Tickers
blessedwahmof3
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:46 PM

This probably isn't very helpful because of the time frame, but I am a distributor for the Gourmet Cupboard and we have 2 fabulous mixes for homemade cookies.  We have one for Snickerdoodle Cookies, and Peanut Butter Cookies with Pecans.  We also have several other sugar free dessert mixes to choose from.  This may be something you can use in the future, or maybe pass along to your MIL to bake for him.  The wesite is www.gourmetcupboard.com.  If you do happen to order, if you order under my name I would get credit for the purchase.  My name is Tami Isbell.  I also would just google sugar free cookie recipes, I am sure you will find some.  Good luck, and happy holidays!!

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:52 PM

Splenda is supposed to be the sugar alternative for diabetes.  Not the blend though of splenda and sugar they also have in stores but just regular splenda.  Could you ask FIL what kind of cookies he likes and get the recipe?  Many food recipe sites have a sugar free area.

behappilyever
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:04 PM

a lot of flavoring done for diabetic treats is done with fruit. i made a cake for my dd's 1st birthday out of a diabetic recipe. no processed sugar, only natural fruit. there was also a whipped topping on it similar to icing. tasted awesome, and no processed sugar. you can also get similar cakes at krogers if you have one near you. they are small though. very tasty!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)