• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family advice no bashing please, just curious?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:23 PM
  • 2 Replies

I need some advice on this situation and this is the place to come so here I go. Today at 8:30am my dad called my mom from working saying that his daughter Amanda (same dad different moms) told his whole work place about him leaving my mom a few weeks ago and my dad asked my mom if I was the one that told her. I havent talked to my sister in over a year bc she got pissed off at me bc I moved out of her house and back in with my folks due to me being pregnant with my son, in all it was a better situation. Well my mom knows I didnt tell her so I got on yahoo today and asked my older brother (we have the same parents) if he told Amanda what happened a few fridays ago and he said yes. I asked him why he asked her and he said bc he needed advice. First off my brother doesnt live here anymore and i told him bc its our parents not hers and Amanda hasnt had anything to do with my dad in about 5yrs. I trusted my brother to keep this to himself but he went off telling her and I dont think she has any need to know this. Do you ladies think he should have kep this to himself or does my sister have a right to know?

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
jadedbyu
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:40 PM

Maybe your brother really did need to talk to someone who wasn't so close to the situation. Sometimes having someone on the outside to just bounce things off helps you deal with the stress of bad situation. Just try not to be so hard on your brother, at this point he's already said what you feel is to much to Amanda and that can't be changed. Besides sounds like you're under enough pressure from the stress of your parents situation already don't less this become an unneeded stress. Hopefully things get better and you and your brothercan turn to each other. Good luck and keep your head up.  

Cynthia

lilliputiansmom
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Maybe he was just surprised that your dad left your mom? IDK, I guess since she has nothing to do with your parents any longer it wouldn't be something I would go out of my way to mention? Is there a reason your Dad wants it to a secret he left your Mom?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)