Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really worried-PLEASE TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:00 PM
  • 12 Replies

HEY GIRLIES,

I'm really worried about my best friend. She weighed about 200 lbs and now weighs about 125 lbs. I was trying to figure out what the prob could be. She is not going thru any kind of stress or hurt and not dieting. I dont know?

Any thoughts would be appreciated..

Thanks--you girls always come thru for me..

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
myfoursonsks
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:01 PM

Maybe she had weight loss surgery and kept it a secret.

Is drug use a possibility? 

2boyz2love
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:02 PM

Could be cancer-that can make you lose weight quickly-other then that I do not know.Aids/HIV can also make you lose alot of weight if it is in an advanced stage-have her go get tested for both would probably be best

wells75904
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:03 PM

Quoting myfoursonsks:

Maybe she had weight loss surgery and kept it a secret.

Is drug use a possibility? 

These are the only two things I can think of that you would lose weight really quickly....

Need Help Saving Money? Check out 

Frugal and Thrifty Moms-This group is a place to come to get recipes, advice, to chat, have fun, let your hair down and talk about cooking, recipes, budgeting, menu planning, and all things related to making our households run more smoothly.
http://www.cafemom.com/group/Frugal_And_Thrifty_Moms

teacup714
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:04 PM

maybe she is just living healthier... why not ask her and find out... at this point, (i dont know your friend) but i would try to be happy for her... its a good thing from what i can tell (unless she lost 75lbs practically over night... that would be different...

either way, good for her if in fact she is living healthier... 

Diets dont work... healthy living does... IMO

HarleysMommy235
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:05 PM

Has she ever complained about being overweight?? Could she be balemic (sp) or anorexic (sp)? Maybe a medical condition?? Thyroid possibly?? That could be a number of things. I had a friend that dropped weight like that. She never complained of her weight and then I noticed she was losing some. I mentioned how nice she was looking and she said thanks and said she wasnt trying. I found out later that she was making herself throw up. I heard her one night after we went out to eat. I asked her what was wrong and if she was okay. She said yes and I let it go, Then the next day, she didnt it again. I started paying more attention to her and she was dropping weight like crazy. I finally told her parents and they got her some help. Unfortunatly, she would speak to me for a very long time. We talk some now, but not nearly as close as we used to be.

lifetimelove
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:05 PM

How quickly did she lose the weight?  How do you know she's not on a diet and exercise program?  The weight change wouldn't bother me unless there are other behavior changes that indicate a problem. 

Have a child with special needs?  Don't have a diagnosis?  Come join other moms of special needs children without a diagnosis at my group:

www.cafemom.com/group/undiagnosed

mikenmisty
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:30 PM

she might be an undiagosed diabetic. It can cause you to lose weight very quickly.

nessy1980
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:13 AM

I cant keep weight on really. Its horrible and something I work on daily. My problem is I dont care for eating all the time. and the only way for me to gain weight is for me to graze all day. I wouldnt worry to much. 

Elizlown
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 10:18 AM

Have you talked to her about it.?

It might seem like it was fast to you but maybe it wasn't that fast.  It could be happening at a good pace. 

If it is medically related it doesn't have to be something horrible.  I had a really good friend of mine who found out she has trouble ovulating.  She was put on medicine to help regulate herself.  The medicine made her really watch what she ate.  She had to take it with a meal but it had to be healthy.  Extra sugars made her shakey.  Also why her body was adjusting to the medication she had an upset stomach for awhile.  In just the matter of a summer she dropped tons of weight.  She became healthier and happier thru this.  This also helped her self esteem at a time when she felt she was failing as a woman.  I knew what was going on but many people close to her did not since it was hard for her to talk about.  Maybe your friend has something personal going on.

savedbygrace316
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 10:22 AM

You just need to talk to her about it.

baby 1stholiday

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)