Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What did you pack in your hospital bag...

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:25 AM
  • 20 Replies

What did you pack in your hospital bag? I have got tons of checklists but something seems to be missing.. What were your favorite things that you brought with you.. I need to finish packing my bag.. But seems like im missing something.. thanks for the help..

its a girl

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zawifey
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:29 AM

warm slipper socks and a comfy nightgown / bed dress sorta thing somthing that is easy to nurse with if you are going to. those are the things i was soo glad i brought. The hospital gowns gave me a ton of ichyness and thier sock suck lol. 

lbdm2002
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:34 AM

I brought my own bathrobe, comfy clothes, granny panties..lol..shower stuff, makeup..those kinds of things...my ipod, camera, slippers or slipper socks.  I started off with slipper socks, but after my c/s got my slippers, so i felt a little better walking around the hallways, baby book to start recording stuff in, my own pillow...my hubby stayed at our house with DD while I was in the hospital after having DS...so if I ever needed anything, he brought it to me in the mornings. 

I guess it depends on if you're going to use pain meds or not.  If you plan on getting an epi, bring something to keep you entertained while you're laboring and can't feel anything..lol..puzzle books, book to read, portable dvd player.  If you're not going to use pain meds, bring relaxation stuff..soothing music, massage rollers, stress ball..stop watch...something to focus on.

Hope this helped a little bit.  I didn't pack my bag with either kid until the day I went into the hospital.  lol

Daynaof3
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:36 AM

Quoting Zawifey:

warm slipper socks and a comfy nightgown / bed dress sorta thing somthing that is easy to nurse with if you are going to. those are the things i was soo glad i brought. The hospital gowns gave me a ton of ichyness and thier sock suck lol. 

I second all of this! I also brought my own shampoo and conditioner in travel cases. I had a nursing nightgown that had slits in the breast area. Maternity clothes to wear home. I wouldn't bring more than one outfit for the baby, with my first I brought too many and it was just clutter in the diaper bag. Also you will get diapers from the hospital so don't bother packing those. Baby book if you are wanting to get footprints/handprints in it. Camera. Music. Think that's all I got.

MichelleJ1000
by Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:52 AM

Pj's, undies, pads, slippers, outfit and blanket for baby.

crystalclark
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:02 AM

I packed my robe, comfy nightie pants, comfy shirts, underwear, socks, slippers, magazines, outfit for baby, baby socks, onesies, shampoo and conditioner, dove soap, and I think thats it lol. I had been packed like 3 months before tho, I was soooo ready!! Then I ended up getting induced so thats when we went and made sure we brought cameras and all that good stuff. Congrats on the baby, just pack whatever u want to, the more comfy u are the better:)

Photobucket
SexyTeacher
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:24 AM

Don't forget the car seat. I agree with the other ladies. Have a bag of travel toiletries packed that way you won't forget anything. A disposable camera is good just in case the other one messes up. Hope the baby comes soon!!

baby girl       its a girl

lcbowman
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:21 AM

I second what the other ladies have said.  I also packed a sweater.  While the coolness felt GREAT while I was in labor once I had delivered I was cold.  Blankets worked while I was in bed but when I was up and moving around a nice comfy sweater was wonderful.  Don't forget your list of people to call once the baby is born or when you go in labor.  And some nice lotion for you.  It felt wonderful to use it for massage during labor and was just a nice something after baby was born.

Just because you get to deal with sane and rational people please do not assume I get to also!
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:26 AM

Well I packed bags both times but I don't remember at all what was in them lol.

I honestly think you need nothing. Maybe a toothbrush, but seriously they have essentials if you need them. Maybe a nursing bra.

I'm sorry, lol. I think people over pack for that. I wore their gown and nasty mesh panties and was happy as a clam. And since I bled through everything anyway, I was glad I wore their stuff. I just birthed and nursed my baby and went home.

Mommy2LPK
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:27 AM

I always packed a few outfits for the baby because it is COLD in most hospital rooms and all they provide are little shirts. Plus blankets because the hospital ones aren't very warm either. 

Clothes for myself so I wasn't stuck in the hospital gown. Socks * Nice warm socks! Books, Magazines, Dvd'd * Anything to keep me occupied for the 4 days since I have c-sections. If you are breastfeeding you'll want pads. Lap top, cell phone, charger .... Snacks. I always bring a thing of wipes to because the ones at the hospital I go to aren't real wipes, you have to wet them yourself and they are a pain in the butt walking back and forth from the sink with a crying baby and sore from surgery. 

shandys_mom
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:29 AM

clothes of course!!those comfy furry socks for my feeties, cds and a cd player for labor,(youll never know how good tropical music feels when your in labor and nee to get away from the beeps and whines of machines) i also bought preggie pops there awsome for contractions idk if htey sell them any more, books after baby comes cable sucks in the hospital, usual stuff for baby a going home outfit for her, xtra blankies the small kind i get col fast losing blood, yea i took alot   oh and if you want the best experince ever (picture wise) i didnt but i saw some moms even doing there makeup in labor for the delivery, bring more than youll need i say

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)