Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

toy organization

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:23 AM
  • 4 Replies

After taxes come in I was wanting to get my son a toy box. He has a small wooden one, and then the round bin that has the rope handles that people use for coolers and other things, as well as one of the plastic Sterlite towers that have the drawers in it.

My problem is my son is 28 months and likes to dump everything out of things and stand on it to get to things he can't reach. He takes the drawers out of the tower and turns it upside down and stands on it and same with the blue bin. That is why I want to get him a toy box!

I've been looking online for 2 days now and I really like the Step 2 one with the shelves. I was also looking into the wooden shelves with the rods and colorful bins, I'm just worried that he will dump the bins out and step on them too or knock it over.

i have been given an idea to get the cubbies and the canvas baskets, if any of you have pictures please feel free to post!!

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
aecooper
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:41 AM

My DD is 22 months and I have the cube with the fabric baskets.  It really works, we also have a few baskets... one for all of her stuffed animals and another with all of her balls in it.  I am in the process of taking pictures of what is all the cubes to make labels.  I also have small plastic bins that I use to hold small things (Little poeple and the clipo blocks)  Here is a picture of what we have.

Kesstan
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:51 AM

Does your DD play w/ what's in the cubes? My children don't seem to play w/ things they can't see  so it's like wasted toys. lol

Quoting aecooper:

My DD is 22 months and I have the cube with the fabric baskets.  It really works, we also have a few baskets... one for all of her stuffed animals and another with all of her balls in it.  I am in the process of taking pictures of what is all the cubes to make labels.  I also have small plastic bins that I use to hold small things (Little poeple and the clipo blocks)  Here is a picture of what we have.

Kesstan
Proud Mommy of:
Joslyn Pearl
Justin Emery
Shiloh Isabella

aecooper
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:05 AM

She plays with the toys in the bottom cubes... The ones in the top cubes are the toys that I find really annoying and her art supplies.  Those I will get out.  She pulls the cubes out and will put them back in. 

Quoting Kesstan:

Does your DD play w/ what's in the cubes? My children don't seem to play w/ things they can't see  so it's like wasted toys. lol

Quoting aecooper:

gettinserious
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:52 AM

My only suggestion is to pick something that will GROW with your child.  The step 2 stuff they grow out of VERY fast - and you end up needing to get bigger/different storage again far too soon - at least we did :)

We have these towers in their closet - the drawers are easy to open but not easy to pull completely out - and they're see through...

We also have this under the bunk bed ladder - but they DO dump these canvas buckets :(

We also have a toy box

With wooden shelves next to it (this is under the bunk bed)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)