Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone from Bolingbrook, Illinois

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:12 PM
  • 4 Replies

I am moving from St. Charles, Il to Bolingbrook. Are there any moms who live there that could tell me a few things?

1. I need a full day child care for a 6 month old, 3 year old and a after school daycare for my 5 year old when he gets out of kindergarten. ( I will be student teaching Sept- Dec)

2. What do you think of the park district?

3. Are there any areas we should stay away from? We are looking at houses next week.

4. Your over all opinion would be great. I moved to Illinois from Cal. and have only been here for a year and a half.

Thanks so much...

Oh- we are planning on moving in March...

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
seth.ethan225
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:45 PM

Bump- what about Naperville>

kasonsmommy1114
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:00 PM

I grew up in Naperville and its a great area. I didnt have my son there and havent lived there for about 3 years. Naperville has many day care facilitys. If you move to bolingbrook avoid the neighborhoods around bolingbrook high school. Ummm a good area is around boughton road, i believe all those neighborhoods are naperville schools also, it good have changed since opening the new high school this year tho. good luck house hunting. I dont know how your finicial situations are but naperville has a much higher housing rate...im not sure how bolingbrook looks.

My neighborhood in naperville was unicorporitated, houses are much cheaper, its a nice little neighborhood...very safe for children. Its not to far from bolingbrook at all. Its off of book rd. The elementry school and middle school are all in that neighborhood and Neuqua Valley High school is right off of 95th st.  

kasonsmommy1114
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:14 PM

oh and when i say boughton road i mean the shopping area that has target, kohls, jewel and showplace 12.

for school sakes i would try to stick to naperville schools. I dont personally know how bolingbrook schools are but my sister taught at one that she was literally scared for her life at, kids where just out of control there. i can try to find out the name of it for you so you can avoid that area also.

canthaveboys1
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:20 PM

Sorry I am more south than that. BUMP!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)