Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do i get my daughter to use the potty

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:47 PM
  • 13 Replies

I have a 2 year old that i'm tryin to potty train but she just doesnt see to catch on when she is at home she doesnt use the potty but when she is at my in-law she will use the potty all day long i have tried everything from taking her everytime i go to taking her every 30 mins how do i get her to use it at home

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamakenzi
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:49 PM

Just keep taking her, I started by taking DD every 15 minutes.  Try giving her a reward for sitting on the potty, like an M&M or a sticker.

Kenzie

Check out my blog: http://macklanddiares.blogspot.com

Join us on Advice for Moms -- Group Mod

lianashell
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:57 PM

Do you have an open bathroom at your house? By that I mean is it a private thing or do you  have an open door bathroom? maybe you should ask your mother in law what she does at her house. The m&m thing does work really well. Also you need to make sure that it is easy for her to access things in the bathroom. Do you have a stool for her? Also having special soap and a towel for her to clean up makes it feel like her own special place. You could even make it fun by taking her to the store to get these things and have her pick them out. When my daughter started asking me about the potty that is when I potty trained her. It only took a week.

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:58 PM

To be quite honest, 2 is still rather young. Take her cue. She will let you know when she is ready.

I am a Private School sending, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mum. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child - I will do that, Thank You. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. I am submissive and proud, my husband is head of my home. I am a proud, traditional Roman Catholic, as is my husband... Yes we are teaching our daughter that The Church is the only Church.               Aimee

mrs_sexton
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:37 PM

she has her own potty and own soap and towl as for my mother-inlaw she says brooklynn just tells her she need to potty  but at home i will ask her and she tell mes no and than five mins later she pees in her diper what am i doing wrong anmy bathroom has a door on it i close it when she uses the potty

hollie0705
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:46 PM

I am stuck too. My dd went on the potty for almost a month, everywhere even here at home. Then all the sudden she stopped. I can't get her to use it at all. She tells me, Me Baby no pee. So I don't know how to get her back on track.

lianashell
by on Jan. 6, 2010 at 11:48 PM

Quoting hollie0705:

I am stuck too. My dd went on the potty for almost a month, everywhere even here at home. Then all the sudden she stopped. I can't get her to use it at all. She tells me, Me Baby no pee. So I don't know how to get her back on track.

My son did this same thing. He was already fully potty trained and then one day he didn't want to use the potty anymore. we areworking on it now and sometimes he still has accidents it took a while for him to get back on track. I am not sure what made him change his mind.

tammieann
by on Jan. 7, 2010 at 8:36 AM

i am stuck too my daughter will sit on her potty but never goes and as soon as she stands up she goes on the floor. She will also tell us she has went her diaper.

raleighmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2010 at 8:38 AM

Is she wearing underwear? Practice, practice, practice. 

xChasingxAmyx
by on Jan. 7, 2010 at 9:31 AM

Quoting mamakenzi:

Just keep taking her, I started by taking DD every 15 minutes.  Try giving her a reward for sitting on the potty, like an M&M or a sticker.

xChasingxAmyx
by on Jan. 7, 2010 at 9:32 AM

I don't think it's too young. I think it depends on the child. My oldest is now 4 and had no interest in potty training til almost 3. My youngest is 17 months and sits on the potty chair already. Just depends on the child.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

To be quite honest, 2 is still rather young. Take her cue. She will let you know when she is ready.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)