Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poll: If you labored(vote here even if you had to transfer) and delivered at home or at a birth center...

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:18 PM
  • 12 Replies

Poll

Question: Did you have any of the following interventions at your homebirth or birth center: episiotomy, forceps, vacuum, pitocin, end up with a c-section?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 11

View Results

If you are unsure how to answer, feel free to ask before voting.

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StarsChildren
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:24 PM

I'll explain a little and give ya a bump.

Pre-term labor 2 months before hand. Not braxton hicks, had medication that didn't really work to try and stop the contractions. Reached my safe point at 36 weeks and no more contractions until I labor. No transfer, and delivered at home with no pain meds. Only complication was that my son had the cord around his neck and body, but that was taken care of when he crowned, unwrapped. So successful home birth.

Daynaof3
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:47 PM

If/When I have more children I plan to have a midwife and to try my very hardest to have a homebirth(insurance and money wise that is). If worse comes to worse, I will have a CNM and do a hospital or birth center birth but will know my rights this time. 

StarsChildren
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Quoting Daynaof3:

If/When I have more children I plan to have a midwife and to try my very hardest to have a homebirth(insurance and money wise that is). If worse comes to worse, I will have a CNM and do a hospital or birth center birth but will know my rights this time. 

I wish u the best of luck with that, if you live in AZ, I highly recommend the birth center in Camp Verde with Dr Jochim, hes an older dr who does everything possible to avoid sections and used to even deliver breech babies successfully in a hospital setting before they told him he couldn't do it anymore. Hes the backup doctor to the midwife I had.

I am a Buddhist, Child Led Parenting, All Natural Kinda Mom

Check Out These Groups:

Well Rounded Moms
; Buddhist Mamas ; Natural Earth Mamas ;
Natural Pregnancy & Childbirth
; *Raising Intact Boys* ; Choosing Not To Vaccinated

Daynaof3
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:11 PM

Quoting StarsChildren:

Quoting Daynaof3:

I wish u the best of luck with that, if you live in AZ, I highly recommend the birth center in Camp Verde with Dr Jochim, hes an older dr who does everything possible to avoid sections and used to even deliver breech babies successfully in a hospital setting before they told him he couldn't do it anymore. Hes the backup doctor to the midwife I had.

Thanks! I live in mass, I had a c-section with my last pregnancy. I will not go back to the hospital if I can at all avoid it.

jamielee101
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:11 PM

I delivered at a birth center and had to have an Episiotomy. The babys head was really large. He ended up weighing in at nine pounds seven ounzes!

StarsChildren
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:26 PM

Quoting jamielee101:

I delivered at a birth center and had to have an Episiotomy. The babys head was really large. He ended up weighing in at nine pounds seven ounzes!

Thats big! From what I have read, its better to tear on your own then be cut, your body has a better chance at healing when it rips on its own. I know what it feels like non-the less, I ripped having my son, I can pressume its similar to being cut. A friend of mine, her husband is my husbands best friend, had a 9+ lb baby at home with just her husband and other 2 kids, the baby was breech to top it off, I assume she ripped as well and had she been in a hospital they might of cut her too. Its amazing how big some babies get, although in her case I can understand it (the dad is 7ft tall).

Daynaof3
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:09 PM

Lol, where are all the moms who had homebirths or birth center deliveries?!
=(

ethans_momma06
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:09 PM

I really wish you have options for what interventions each mother ended up having. While my birth turned out intervention free, I think it lacks statistical impact to lump episiotomys in with Ceserean Sections. What I mean is that....it can seem misleading.

Cynthje
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:00 PM

I had one hospital birth with two vaginal exams as the only interventions and one accidental hospital birth, it was supposed to be a home birth but i was bleeding alot during labor so we went in to get it checked out, at the time i didnt realise i was already in transition..she was born within minutes of us arriving there, no interventions at all. We never figured out what caused the bleeding.

Throughout the world, there exists a group of women who feel mightily drawn to giving care to women in childbirth. At the same time maternal and independent, responsive to a mother's needs, yet accepting full responsibility as her attendant; such women are natural midwives. Without the presence and acceptance of the midwife, obstetrics becomes aggressive, technical, and inhuman.

Professor G.J. Kloosterman, Chief of OB/GYN, Univ. of Amsterdam

Daynaof3
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 12:44 PM

bumping because there HAS to be more than 8 moms that have had home or birth center births! At least I would hope there is! =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)