Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poll: If you labored and delivered in a hospital...

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:20 PM
  • 112 Replies

Poll

Question: Did you have any of the following interventions during your hospital birth: episiotomy, forceps, vacuum, pitocin, end up with a c-section?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 353

View Results

If you are unsure how to answer, please feel free to ask before voting.

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nessy1980
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:26 PM

I was induced with my oldest and youngest and had a c section with my youngest 

xavierlogan09
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:30 PM

i was being induced with pitocin. my son's heart couldn't take the contractions so they did an emergency c-section.

mommycooper24
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:32 PM

i had an epesaotmy (sorry about spelling )  with both my kids and they induced me with my youngest

xotee2006
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:33 PM

I never had a c-section.  I had 2 kids,  with my 1st i was in labor. but contractions started slowing down so they gave me pitocin

with my 2nd i was induced. they gave me pitocin to help with things.  everything went pretty good with both labors and didn't need a c-section

oh and with my first I had an episitomy and with my 2nd i ripped really bad!

iheartgaia
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:36 PM

i was induced with my last so i have had pitocin. 

Daynaof3
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:44 PM

With my son I went into labor on my own and got the epidural(out of fear) and had a huge episiotomy. I used my boppy pillow to sit on rather than to nurse my son because it was so painful.

With my twins, they induced me(for reasons that I now feel/know were unnecessary). They used cytotec, broke my water(at 4cm!), I got the epidural(out of fear again), contractions slowed, stalled at 7cm, tried pitocin but not long enough to have effect, doctor badgered and scare tacticed me until I agreed to an unnecessary c-section.

dosthepost
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:47 PM

None of the above. I did have pitocen, but it wasn't for speeding up contractions. They gave it because I asked them to, because my contractions were very irregular. I just wanted to have a baby. One Epi and 37 hours later I had a baby without any other medical intervention.

pregnant

CafeMom Tickers

dosthepost
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:49 PM

Talk about scare tactics... although this may be true of your, it isn't of everyone. If you trust your doctor, then having a baby in the hospital can be perfectly safe and as natural as you wish.

Quoting Daynaof3:

With my son I went into labor on my own and got the epidural(out of fear) and had a huge episiotomy. I used my boppy pillow to sit on rather than to nurse my son because it was so painful.

With my twins, they induced me(for reasons that I now feel/know were unnecessary). They used cytotec, broke my water(at 4cm!), I got the epidural(out of fear again), contractions slowed, stalled at 7cm, tried pitocin but not long enough to have effect, doctor badgered and scare tacticed me until I agreed to an unnecessary c-section.

pregnant

CafeMom Tickers

Daynaof3
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:49 PM

Quoting dosthepost:

None of the above. I did have pitocen, but it wasn't for speeding up contractions. They gave it because I asked them to, because my contractions were very irregular. I just wanted to have a baby. One Epi and 37 hours later I had a baby without any other medical intervention.

Oops, I didn't realize I had left that in. I copied and pasted from my other poll which didn't include moms that were induced. I am off to fix it. =)

dosthepost
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:51 PM

I wasn't induced.

Quoting Daynaof3:

Quoting dosthepost:

Oops, I didn't realize I had left that in. I copied and pasted from my other poll which didn't include moms that were induced. I am off to fix it. =)

pregnant

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)