Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

iphone apps for children

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:38 PM
  • 3 Replies

Can you recommend any iphone apps that are helpful/educational for children?

I found one for children with special needs that can be used to create social stories, visual schedules and visual timers.

I was wondering which iphone apps some other moms have first hand experience with and could recommend or speak highly of.

Thanks.

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
kltaylor07
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 2:41 PM

there is one called "i hear ewe" and it is about animal sounds.  my son really loved that when he was younger. 

the one that my son loves playing now is just called "shapes".  it asks the child to pick out the shapes and then after about 5 right it gives them a sticker to put on a page.  my son is two and has known was a cresent moon is for a long time now because of that game!  ha.

i'm not sure how old your kids are or if either of those would be age approriate though.  i just typed in toddler, child, or kid to get some. 

ChristineBo
by on Feb. 5, 2010 at 6:36 AM

Hi mums!!!

My name is Christine and I am mother of two children. I can recommend for your children storybooks as they are much better, less demanding and appropriate for their age than just games as they are very good for your toddlers as they capture their attention. They can move the characters and slide features on the picture or stay at the same page and at the same time they are listening the story... My kids find it very interesting as it is not too demanding for their age...

I do not let them play too much with my iPhone as I prefer they play outdoors...  I let them play storybook when I drive, when we are at restaurant, when I do my make up in the morning or when i watch my Desperate Housewives.

I could recommend you "Molly and the Magic Lolly" for the girls or "The Terrible Triplets" for the boys. Try out storybooks as they are very educative. 

NicholettsMom
by on Feb. 5, 2010 at 6:55 AM

if you do a search for the apps by looking at educational and children or children than educational there are SEVERAL!! My husband has an iphone and i cant remember all the stuff on there -- but she does have that shape and LOVES it along w/several others that have all been very educational for her and she loves

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)