Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how does this affect kids?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:19 PM
  • 5 Replies

if parents are not getting along and fall out of love and stay in the same house just as roommates how does that affect the children they have?can a 2 and 4 yr old pick up on something is wrong?what is the best solution?

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
NovaDawn
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:21 PM

Kids can pick up on anything, but as long as everything is kept friendly i would think things would be ok..

orange4agua72
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:25 PM

I ALWAYS advise against this. JMO. Do you really want your kids thinking "this" is what a healthy normal relationship is? Kids can pick up on anything, they are much smarter than you think they are.....

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com 

mommy1X1
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:30 PM

well this not my family i am talking about,it is my best friends family.her b/f of 8 yrs is still living in her home paying her room and board for staying there.they have 2 little girls together,and her 4 yr old acts like she knows something is wrong.my friend her b/f wants to continue living there til they go to court and get child support set up so he will know how much it will be,and how much he can afford to rent.

she sleeps down stairs in a guest room in the basement for now.i have tried telling her it is not healthy for the kids because when they are in the same room there is alot of tention.i need advice on helping her figure out how to handle this.

savedbygrace316
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:51 PM

I agree with this.

Quoting orange4agua72:

I ALWAYS advise against this. JMO. Do you really want your kids thinking "this" is what a healthy normal relationship is? Kids can pick up on anything, they are much smarter than you think they are.....

baby 1stholiday

onefootcutiepie
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:54 PM

The solution is to grow up and realize that love is not something you fall out of, it's something you work for and fight to protect. Fix the marriage and you'll teach your kid a bigger lesson.

This of course does not apply to abuse. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)