Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The quickest safest ways to lose weight???.....

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:31 PM
  • 4 Replies

My hubby and I will be having our "wedding" on July 31 of this year. I'm due with this child on July 14th. The doc already told me it'll be at least 3 weeks before that because of my uterus.... so basically I have a month and a half to lose ALL baby weight after a c-section!!! I need some ideas... I already have my dress, and it fit me PERFECTLY before I got pregnant this time: I was at 138lbs, now at almost 13 weeks I'm at 146. I normally get up to about 165 or 170.... so, I'll need to lose around 30lbs in 5 or 6 weeks!!! Any ideas???

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com 

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Michelle451
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:34 PM

try and stay in good shape while your pregnant- meaning try not to gain more than 30 lbs. eat healthy. or just change your wedding date if you can. sorry not much help.

BigOlMommy
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:37 PM

BREASTFEED!

Plus, eat fruits & veggies & whatever organic stuff you can. I lost 15 lbs in about 6 weeks by eating organic. & I lost ALL 40 lbs of baby weight in about 3 months (30 within the first two months, about 20 the first month) from BFing. & you know I wasn't watching what i was eating OR exercising with those stitches!

Michelle451
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:39 PM

i thought for sure since i would be breastfeeding twins that i would lose all the weight quickly. wrong! almost 9 months later i'm still 3 lbs away from my prepregnancy weight. :(

Quoting BigOlMommy:

BREASTFEED!

Plus, eat fruits & veggies & whatever organic stuff you can. I lost 15 lbs in about 6 weeks by eating organic. & I lost ALL 40 lbs of baby weight in about 3 months (30 within the first two months, about 20 the first month) from BFing. & you know I wasn't watching what i was eating OR exercising with those stitches!

callalily417
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:44 PM

It's almost impossible to lose that much weight in a 6 week span in a healthy way. You might lose some after you give birth so it'll help but you should just eat healthy right now and exercise. That way you won't have to work as hard to lose it after the baby. Just try not to overdo it. Good luck and congrats on the wedding AND baby. =D

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)