Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need help

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:05 PM
  • 4 Replies
hi i am amanda my daughter was diagnosed with stage 3 intermediate risk cancer on nov 4 2008. and we are now in remmision as of jul of 2009. wellwhen they took the tumor out they took all of her nerves to control her bladder so in jul 2009 she had a vessicostomy a soma to help her urinate on her own. so nowsence that surgery she has been getting mrsa and i think she has it again. i am so stressed last time she got it she was in the hospital for 4 days. does anybody have any advice. amanda
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:18 PM

sorry I dont have any advice but I will pray for your DD.I can only imagine how stressed you feel.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

Daynaof3
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Ask your hospital about donor breast milk for her. I am almost 100% positive your insurance would cover the cost, they use donor milk often for cancer patients. It is full of antibodies and stem cells. If you are nervous about it's use, just know that the milk is very carefully screened as well as the mother who donates it. It is pasteurized and tested to be safe for use. In the forty years that milk banks have been around there has never once been an adverse effect to a baby or child, only benefits.

I am happy to hear she is in remission, you and your little girl will be in my thoughts and prayers! Wish I could be more help for you.

rinski555
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:26 PM

i dont think she would drink that she is 2 now and has been off of breast milk sence she was 6 months

Daynaof3
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:28 PM

Quoting rinski555:

i dont think she would drink that she is 2 now and has been off of breast milk sence she was 6 months

It doesn't hurt to try, there are many benefits to it. I hope you consider asking.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)