Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We really just don't know what to do

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:27 PM
  • 19 Replies

As of two days ago I'm not on my parents insurance anymore.  I'm pregnant, with no insurance.  My fiance and I are getting married in 5 months, and his insurance will take me then but not before... My cousin was pregnant with no insurance and then they got married when she was 5 months along and her husband's insurance picked up her OB bill (since it's all one bill instead of separate payments), but DF thinks that his insurance won't do that.

So now I really don't know what to do about my appointments and things, I can get on medicaid probably but i don't really WANT to you know, and plus I don't have time to even do all that!! My next appointment is a week from tomorrow, and I have school or work every single day all day this next week.  I'm so stressin!
Another thing we talked about is gettin married and just not tellin anyone, that way I can be on his insurance, and still have our wedding ceremony like planned... But MY opinion is that it won't be as special... I want to have a REAL wedding... I know some people don't agree but I've always looked forward to my nice traditional wedding and it will def not be as special (to me) if we just go get married at the courthouse and then have a celebration later... It will be so weird!!  And I've had people tell me that if they find out we are already married then they won't want to come to our "wedding!" (they were joking but i know it's the truth... we're having a destination beach wedding and people aren't going to come to that for no reason!)

So yeah anyways, I don't know what to do about insurance.  blah. and please hold the drama, I'm frustrated and needed to get this out, maybe someone has some suggestions

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Honeybun09
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:29 PM

I would suck it up and get on Medicaid. If you're really stressing out about it, why put added pressure when you know that you have a solution? You already said it'd only be temporary because when you get married you'd be on your fiance's insurance. Why not just get it for that amount of time so you no longer have to stress?

I am a US citizen, formula feeding but will breastfeed until child self weans next time, co-sleeping for at least 6 months, extended rear facing and harnessing to the maximum, God loving and fearing, spanking as a last resort believing, anti-CIO until age 1, learning to cook, disposable diapering but will cloth diaper next time, health care is a human right believing, training to be a child care assistant, trying to recycle more mommy to one beautiful mixed baby girl!  My husband is a legal Mexican United States citizen, who is the most amazing man, husband, and father.

baby growth

BusyMama86
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:32 PM

I know, and more than likely that's what I'll end up doing... I just don't have TIME... But yeah that's what will prolly end up happening!

pepsi-cola
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:34 PM

well sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do...and with your appt coming up so soon,you better figure out something quick...good luck!

(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste

(='.'=) bunny into your signature to

(")_(") help him gain world domination

proud wife to mark,

proud mother to johnny,todd,madison,chloe,sophie,kelsey.

nikkiJ86
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:38 PM

Sometimes, if you tell the OB/GYN that you have a medicaid case pending, they will wait for the payment. That happened to me and other people that I know. I know you said you don't have the time.But you don't have even a few minutes to go pick up the applicaton?

BusyMama86
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:43 PM

I didn't know that, yeah I have time to pick up an application!

I just don't have time THIS week for the really long waiting room & appointment!! My daughter was on medicaid when she was first born and the apppointment took forrrrrrever!!

Quoting nikkiJ86:

Sometimes, if you tell the OB/GYN that you have a medicaid case pending, they will wait for the payment. That happened to me and other people that I know. I know you said you don't have the time.But you don't have even a few minutes to go pick up the applicaton?

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:57 PM

I wouldn't tell anyone and go get married if you can get on his insurance.  Just me. 

gmasboy
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:58 PM

For the time being I would get on the medicade program... It is better to be safe than sorry just incase there is a problem with your Bf's insurance after you get married...

It is only temp ... otherwise you will just have to pay for all of your appointment calls and any tests that come up.... you can make arrangements with your OB and see if you can make payment arrangements or if they will continue to see you until your new insurance kick in...

Good Luck

vangel34
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:00 PM

He needs to look at his insurance policy.  Most will only cover 1/2 the cost if there is a pre-existing pregnancy for a new enrollee.

navywifey2006
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:01 PM

not sure where your from but here in indiana they do phone interviews. you dont even have to go in anymore, just do the interview on the phone and take in the paperwork that they need.

Quoting BusyMama86:

I didn't know that, yeah I have time to pick up an application!

I just don't have time THIS week for the really long waiting room & appointment!! My daughter was on medicaid when she was first born and the apppointment took forrrrrrever!!

Quoting nikkiJ86:

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

farrah
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:05 PM

I think you gotta find a way to make time and go to the medicaid office and sign up. Is there a way that you can fax the forms in or do you have to do it all in office, I really don't know. If you have to go in there, can you call into work and just make it happen. I know its not ideal but maybe someone will cover your shift or something.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)