Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potato soup...

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:46 PM
  • 5 Replies

Anyone have a really good potato soup recipe that doens't have cream or half and half in it? I'm SOOO hungry for some, with bacon and cheese in it, maybe some brocolli.... but I can't find a recipie that doesn't have those in it! I don't want to have to go to the store.... hehehe

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com 

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
kparker75844
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:54 PM

I boil potatos till they are done, then put some milk in with them till the milk covers the taters a little.  Then I cut up an onion, some garlic, sprinkle in some thyme, salt and pepper to taste.  Cut up about five slices of bacon.  Then you can move it to a crock for all day cooking or leave it in a dutch oven.  Cook till the bacon is done, add about 1/4 pound of velveeta and stir in.    Fry up some bacon, and sprinkle bacon and cheese on  top and enjoy! 

sandytoshiko
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:58 PM

recipezaar.com is a great site that lets you run a search omitting ingredients you don't want.

Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:07 PM

Go ahead and make the soup and mash up about half of the potatoes after they are soft. I use an old fashioned potato masher. This thickens the soup. I add milk to the consistency that I like, and powdered milk would let you avoid adding more liquid.

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

lundaylove
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:10 PM

i cut up and boil my potatoes, when they are done i mash them a bit to where they are still chunky but almost mashed then i add milk and cream of chicken soup or if i have it cream of potato soup. then ill add a lil bit of flour and sour cream and that thickens it up nicely.

kparker75844
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:11 PM

I forgot to add that to thicken I add instant potato flakes, b/c this makes more soup.  But you can just mash up some as the pp's said.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)