Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

GRRRR!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:21 PM
  • 8 Replies

I probably posted this in the wrong group but i am ready to rip my head off and bang it against a wall!!!!!!!! My son just throws fits and screams and throws toys ALL DAY LONG. He cant take a nap anymore because otherwise he will stay up til 1130-12:00. He has so much energy. But this temper tantrums all day long and then my daughter also not wanting to nap and then getting crabby because she hasnt napped is driving me INSANE. Im on my last nerve right now.. Who else is going through this?? Please give me ANY advice that you have or if this is happening to you. My son is going to be 2 january 18th and my daughter is 6 months.

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Kesstan
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:57 PM

my youngest dd is going to be two in march. she still naps once, sometimes twice a day- uand is in bed for the night at 8 or 830.  Does your son have a routine so he knows what is happening throughout the day? kids really need routines to keep them in track . I know if my dd gets off routine she is a complete brat! 
Maybe he is over tired - maybe try a short nap in the am. my dd takes one from 9-10 or 1030, just enough to take the edge off.
maybe he is bored, kids will sometimes do anything they can to get their parents attention too - maybe he wants your attention. to kids even "bad" attention (Like punishment) is better than no attention at all.
Try getting a schedule in place. a certain time for breakfast, nap, "play" time, mommy and him time, lunch, snacks, baths, dinner, game time etc....all has to be at about the same time every day

Kesstan
Proud Mommy of:
Joslyn Pearl
Justin Emery
Shiloh Isabella

ilovemyson2002
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:02 PM

my 20 month son some time wont take naps nether

n some times he will for like 30 min or so

BaileynMe
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:13 PM

Keep him active. Set up an area where he can roughhouse. Get one of those indoor ball pits. If you have a yard of your own, have him to run to the back of the yard and time him. Get him involved in baby gymnastics or see how young peewee sports start in your area. It sounds like he really needs an outlet for his energy. 

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

mom2ryneandsam
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:53 PM

here's a hug for you you seem to need one

dianaNbryanMami
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:55 PM

Im in the same boat!My son is 2.5 and my girl 6 months.. and my son have a really bad temper.. my girl does take naps but she gets so cranky when she is tired omg..

starzylady04
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:01 PM

i agree with this... my kids are completely insane without their routines!! my now 5 yr old has not napped, ever, i dont think! BUT when his sister (who is 2) is napping then we have quiet time... either watching a movie/show, reading books or doing other quiet things together. Even though he doesnt sleep he is still in a WAY better mood then if he was running around all day. good luck!!

Quoting Kesstan:

my youngest dd is going to be two in march. she still naps once, sometimes twice a day- uand is in bed for the night at 8 or 830.  Does your son have a routine so he knows what is happening throughout the day? kids really need routines to keep them in track . I know if my dd gets off routine she is a complete brat! 
Maybe he is over tired - maybe try a short nap in the am. my dd takes one from 9-10 or 1030, just enough to take the edge off.
maybe he is bored, kids will sometimes do anything they can to get their parents attention too - maybe he wants your attention. to kids even "bad" attention (Like punishment) is better than no attention at all.
Try getting a schedule in place. a certain time for breakfast, nap, "play" time, mommy and him time, lunch, snacks, baths, dinner, game time etc....all has to be at about the same time every day

Ljensen09
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:44 PM

EXACTLY! my daughter isnt happy with anything when she doesnt nap. Just one big crab lol

Quoting dianaNbryanMami:

Im in the same boat!My son is 2.5 and my girl 6 months.. and my son have a really bad temper.. my girl does take naps but she gets so cranky when she is tired omg..

Waycross48
by on Jan. 5, 2010 at 12:26 AM

Hi, from Nana Judy!! Sweetie, your son needs a routine - NOW. First - he sounds like he's a bit bored during the day. If you are a stay at home mom and he's left to just "play" all day - he's likely bored.  Try having at least a couple of SHORT orgainized activities with him each day - even it it's only a few minutes - like coloring, play doh = ALWAYS supervised - or just sit in the floor and play toys with him.  About the screaming fits - you have to deal with those now and not put up with them.  When he throws and tantrum - remove him immediately into a playpen, or some kind of time out location.  He must stay there at least two minutes - until the trantrum is over.  It may take a while for him to learn = but he will learn.  Plus, NO two year old should be up until 11:30 - 12:00 at night.  He needs a regular bedtime each night at no later than 8pm.  He needs to just be put to bed and he'll probably scream and cry at first but he WILL learn.  Children must learn how to soothe themselves to sleep.  So, you will have to put him to bed - give him a hug and a kiss or read him a story - whatever kind of routine you have with him - and then walk out.  Don't go back.  I guarantee you that his crying will get less and less each night.  Before you know it - you'll be able to put him to bed and he will GO TO SLEEP.  Once he's getting a good night's sleep - he'll behave better in the daytime.  But, a two year old still needs a nap and you need to put him in his bed for a nap each day - not more than an hour or two and then put him to bed at 8pm.  I don't think he's getting enough sleep during the day or at night. He WILL adjust to this routine = you just need to stick with it.  It's not right that he's upsetting your daughter's routine too.  I think it's easy to allow one child to sort of nap and sleep when they want to = but when another child comes into the picture - it's becomes a huge problem.  So, it's time now to make him learn to stick to a routine.  Believe me - he needs it, it will be good for him and he'll behave much better if you do this.  If you are CONSISTENT and don't go get him up - he'll be going to sleep by himself in no time at all AND taking a nap too.  Keep his "set" bedtime every night - it's very important.  God Bless you, Nana Judy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)