Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What should I charge?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:03 PM
  • 6 Replies

My daughter and BF are wanting me to be their nanny. 1 child full time, 1 child one week of a month. typical daycare plus cleaning and cooking. Im just not sure. He is a doctor and she is going to start at the local university this month. I want it to be fair. I would be driving 60 miles a day too. Im not sure what nanny's charge in the area but they are willing to pay. they are very unorgnanized and its nothing for me to clean when I visit. So what do you think?

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Alexz_Mommy
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:05 PM

Oh, I'm not sure :-/ Ask what their budget is and work off of that! Make sure you get gas money and then some!!! Good luck!

when life hands you skittles
                        throw them at people

taste the rainbow

orange4agua72
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:05 PM

60 miles a DAY?? That's quite a trip!

Stick Figure Family at FreeFlashToys.com 

MamaToHaileyBug
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:09 PM

I agree on the gas money. It also depends on where you live too. My sister is in Atlanta and nanny's 4 kids between 13 and 2 and makes $17 an hour.

Quoting Alexz_Mommy:

Oh, I'm not sure :-/ Ask what their budget is and work off of that! Make sure you get gas money and then some!!! Good luck!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
nanaT2
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:15 PM

Quoting MamaToHaileyBug:

I agree on the gas money. It also depends on where you live too. My sister is in Atlanta and nanny's 4 kids between 13 and 2 and makes $17 an hour.

Quoting Alexz_Mommy:

the girls are 4 and 21/2. I was thinking between 12 and 15 an hour. I know what I made cleaning and then wanted to add for educating now too (LOL).

MamaToHaileyBug
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:17 PM

So, will you be doing PreSchool with the 4 year old too? Instead of him/her attending one? If that's the case I would lean more towards the $15 an hour. I wouldn't include gas with that hourly wage though. I think the rate right now is .45 per mile. So just give them your milage every week and they can add it to your check.

Quoting nanaT2:

Quoting MamaToHaileyBug:

Quoting Alexz_Mommy:

the girls are 4 and 21/2. I was thinking between 12 and 15 an hour. I know what I made cleaning and then wanted to add for educating now too (LOL).

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
nanaT2
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:25 PM

Quoting MamaToHaileyBug:

So, will you be doing PreSchool with the 4 year old too? Instead of him/her attending one? If that's the case I would lean more towards the $15 an hour. I wouldn't include gas with that hourly wage though. I think the rate right now is .45 per mile. So just give them your milage every week and they can add it to your check.

Quoting nanaT2:

Quoting MamaToHaileyBug:

Quoting Alexz_Mommy:

Oh yea, pre-schooling for sure. I love teaching pre-school. But anyway, thanks for the input

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)