Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Invitation Help!!

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:03 PM
  • 8 Replies

I am 28 weeks pregnant and starting to plan my baby shower. I am doing the majority of the planning because I want it done right. But I have never done this before so I need a little advice. I have a huge family, mostly women. So therefore my guest list is huge. So my question is where can you buy cheap cheap invitations? I am going to have to purchase several invitations and dont want to have to spend a fortune. I know I have seen some where they lower the price with the more you buy but they are still pricey. Or can anyone give advice on a website to make your own?? Thanks ladies!

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Kesstan
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:13 PM

Stores like "Dollar Tree" have packs of 8 for $1 - they are usually really cute.
You could also make them for free and have to pay the cost of printing and paper @ invitationland.com

on another note, i think it's rude that you are giving your own shower so that it's "done right" - this is suppose to be a "party" or "get together" to honor baby and mother and you should be thankful to anyone who comes and supports you in giving to you and your child. it's not about fancy thrills and invitations. it's not about making sure the right games are played or the right food is served, it's about getting together and celebrating something amazing.  traditionally these "showers" we surprises.

Kesstan
Proud Mommy of:
Joslyn Pearl
Justin Emery
Shiloh Isabella

Dr_Bitch
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:17 PM

I personally don't think it's rude at all.  So you want to throw your own shower.  Not a big deal.  Sounds like something I would do. 

ashnekol86
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:20 PM

Well its my shower so I want it done right, for two you don't know my family or why I am not leaving it to them to do it. Maybe there's a reason why I AM DOING IT. Think before you speak. You don't know everyone's story.

ashnekol86
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:21 PM

thanks!!!

Quoting Dr_Bitch:

I personally don't think it's rude at all.  So you want to throw your own shower.  Not a big deal.  Sounds like something I would do. 

Dr_Bitch
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:24 PM

You could try looking at Wal mart.  I know they have wedding invitations.  I personally haven't seen shower invitations but I haven't really looked either.  I'll look online for you and see if I can find something reasonable.  I'll email you with the results.

Quoting ashnekol86:

thanks!!!

Quoting Dr_Bitch:

ashnekol86
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:27 PM

thank you, thats very kind of you!

Quoting Dr_Bitch:

You could try looking at Wal mart.  I know they have wedding invitations.  I personally haven't seen shower invitations but I haven't really looked either.  I'll look online for you and see if I can find something reasonable.  I'll email you with the results.

Quoting ashnekol86:

thanks!!!

Quoting Dr_Bitch:

lexismum03
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:29 PM

If you have a printer go buy some printable invitations! You can get some really cute ones at craftstores. or buy some card stock and get a gift card making program for like 9$ and make them that way! walmart has some cute diaper shaped invites for pretty cheap not sure the price but I love them!

heartandseoul
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:33 PM

if you have a good printer, you could print your own - I have used uprintinvitations.com for bday party invites, thank you notes, and our Christmas cards... they have a ton of different designs you can choose from.. and if you want to print them yourself-  they'll email you the file for you to download, and it's only $10... then you can print how ever many you want.  It was pretty easy. Good luck :)

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)