Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

car question

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:45 PM
  • 5 Replies

we are expecting baby #2 and need to find a new vehicle before august. My question is does anybody have any experience with the chrystler pacifica? i have really started to like the look of this vehicle but i don't know anybody who has one. if you have one please let me know what you think good or bad. thanks so much!

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
dosthepost
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:47 PM

My hubs used to work for Chrysler, and his exact words... "They're okay..."

He would prefer a Chevy Equinox himself. More reliable, better mechanically, and more safety features.

pregnant

CafeMom Tickers

mommyof2grls06
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:07 PM

We have one with the third row seating. I have a love hate relationship with the thing. I would love it if we only had 2 kids, but we have 3 and I have to get my 3 year old in through the trunk. When she goes forward facing, I'm going to have to find a new way to get her in because right now I just have to lean over the seat and buckle her. lol. It has a ton of room, but if you get the one with third row seats, there's not much trunk space. I can fit my double stroller, but only with the front wheels off and then I can't fit anything else in the trunk. We end up having one of the very back seats folded down and then there's a good amount of trunk space. As soon as it's paid off I'm getting a Honda Odyssey though.

Women should not feel guilty if they are UNABLE to breastfeed, but they should feel guilty if they are UNWILLING to do so, and they should be intellectually honest enough to know the difference.
A proud Christian, Republican, Breastfeeding, Attachment parenting, Extended Rear Facing, ANTI- CIO, Former fully vaxing, but now delayed and very selectively vaxing, mommy to my 3 beautiful girls and wife to my Marine!

momofnate0707
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 9:46 AM

thanks ladies. I really don't know what I want to do. I really want a smaller suv but with a 3rd row. It is too hard for me climbing in and out of a full size suv to put the kids in seeing that I am only 5'2". I have a truck right now and that is barely enough room for 3 of us so I know it isn't going to be for 4. My dh has a car that we just bought so we need something bigger with some cargo room. We have a bloodhound that needs room to ride as well. I guess I still have a bit if time before I have to get something but I would like to do it sooner than later so I can start preparing for the new arrival.

dosthepost
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 10:06 AM

Smaller SUV's with third rows have TINY trunk space. Almost none. Chevy has something called a Traverse. It's got the BEST safety ratings on the road, and the third row can be set to one of two settings... one setting is further back, leaving less room in the hatch and more legroom, and the other is vice versa. I'm not 100% sure, but you may also be able to fold the third row down into the floor. In 5-7 years that's what we'll be getting as a second car. It gets wicked gas mileage (17 city, 24 hwy), and it's the only third row vehicle with side impact airbags in the third row. It's pricey, but it's worse saving for. And it is HUGE... but again, worth it.

Quoting momofnate0707:

thanks ladies. I really don't know what I want to do. I really want a smaller suv but with a 3rd row. It is too hard for me climbing in and out of a full size suv to put the kids in seeing that I am only 5'2". I have a truck right now and that is barely enough room for 3 of us so I know it isn't going to be for 4. My dh has a car that we just bought so we need something bigger with some cargo room. We have a bloodhound that needs room to ride as well. I guess I still have a bit if time before I have to get something but I would like to do it sooner than later so I can start preparing for the new arrival.

pregnant

CafeMom Tickers

mommyziegler
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 10:08 AM

I actually used to work at a chrysler dealership and sell them and i absolutely hate them and they are so cheaply made and not a good reliable vehicle at all. You are better off with a toyota or honda. good luck!

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                               its a boy

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    Baby boy due June 2, 2010

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)