Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dear heaven help me!!!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:31 PM
  • 4 Replies

can a very bad tooth say one that is all broken off on the side and back,cause throat pain?i have this real bad tooth and everytime this tooth goes to hurting real badly one side of my throat down towards my tonsill goes to throbbing.i am sick of this pain please help.

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
deann66
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:40 PM

It seems the infection in the tooth could spread easily to your throat since you are swollowing the saliva with the bacteria in it. An infected tooth can cause all kinds of problems. The infection can even invade your blood system and cause death. Extreme case scenario but I have heard of it happening. Get it looked at.

MrsRobinson06
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2010 at 9:26 PM

Yes, your tooth sounds infected, infection goes into the blood stream and in your case is causing a sore throat. You need to have it checked out asap before it causes heart problems. My mom had a tooth infection and ended up needing a difibulator and pacemaker installed onto her heart. She had heart disease and a murmur before the tooth infection but the infection led to her needing those items. Don't wanna scare you but tooth infections should be treated seriously. Good luck. 

pregnancy calendar

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
jabs54
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2010 at 9:35 PM

Awww, I'm sorry.  You sound miserable.  You need to go to the dentist ASAP.  Tooth infections can spread to the brain if untreated. 

Waycross48
by on Jan. 5, 2010 at 12:04 AM

Hi, from Nana Judy:  Honey, get to the dentist.  If you cannot afford a regular dentist - then find out if your local college has a dental program or if there is a dental school in town.  A friend of mine had a couple of root canals done that way at WAY below cost.  First of all - YES, the tooth can cause pain down your throat.  You can develop an infection in the tooth that can affect the sinus cavity on that side of your face and cause infected drainage down your throat.  But, just the pain of an exposed root can cause pain in that area.  You really need to get that tooth taken care of before it becomes much more serious.  There's no reason not to get it done.  A dental school may be able to save the tooth for you by doing a crown.  But, please, find some way to get if fixed before you wake up one morning with your head swollen up like a balloon!!!  God Bless you, Nana Judy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)