Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

What does it mean when you have a migraine headache and then throw up

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:59 PM
  • 26 Replies

My oldest had a migraine last night and then he threw up. I heard once that combo isnt a good one But I cant remember if it was something serious or not.

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tyfry7496
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:01 PM

Unless he hit his head, a migraine and vomitting are natural. Migraines and vomitting sometimes go hand in hand. I haven't actually vomitted from a migraine but I do get VERY nauesaus (however  you spell that). My friend vomits everytime she gets a migraine, it just depends on the person. My son doesn't vomit but he gets an upset stomach. If you are really concerned then call the doctor and ask him or her what to do. They can be paged when the office isn't open. 

jenniepepsi
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:04 PM

lol it means he has a migraine headache. they go hand in hand. it sucks :( i hate them.

talk to his doctor about maxalt-MLT. (must be the MLT type, i have tried thier regular and it doesnt work as well) its a melty little tab that taste like mint, and you take it the second your head starts hurting, litterally you can count to 24 seconds and the pain is gone and doesnt come back

Dr_Bitch
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:05 PM

If he doesn't have migraines a lot they can induce vomiting.  If he continues to have consistent migraines I would take him to his gen phys.

hurleydoll18
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:06 PM
NoSlippy
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:10 PM

I would advice that you take him to the doctor if it really conerns you. Although in my own experience, I'd always throw up when I get migraines. It's horrible, really. But it usually signals the end to my migraine. I throw up and poof it's gone.

AnitaVersion2.0
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:15 PM
Vomiting is one of the main symptoms of a true migraine.
Bekah062205
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:16 PM

i almost always throw up when i have a migraine. The pain is so bad it makes me nauseous. Sometimes even throwing up helps......

toomanypoodles
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 4:10 AM

They often go hand in hand.  My bad headaches usually go away after I've tossed the cookies.   

Allergic2Stupid
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 4:13 AM

How old is your child?  Ugh I feel just awful for them.  I get migraines that cause nausea...it's normal.  But if the child hasn't seen a dr about the migraines I'd see one...just to make sure it's JUST migraines.  And get their eyes checked too...in case they need glasses....  How awful...your poor child has my sympathy :(

onebeautifulgir
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 4:16 AM

I agree with it goes hand in hand with migraines..my grandma had them, my mom has them and I have them..since I can remember..throwing up is just part of the process..I usually don't throw up every time, but if its a bad one then yes I do, and I feel better like 5 mins later. I would be worried if these we happening every day and he was throwing up..but he needs to drink alot of water and that helps with migraines and headaches...oh I when I had them young I found glasses help alot when I read.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN