Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you ever just sit and THINK I mean really think?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:47 AM
  • 6 Replies

When Carley was born this happened and I did realize this until a few nights ago at the 3 am feeding...

I went in at 4cm walked around got to 6 got my epi and they broke my water, and the dr went silent and said to go get the ultrasound, mean while I asked what wrong dr said there's alot of blood in your water. They do the U/S and shes fine and low..

So when I was pushing her out (3 pushes in 3 min) I remember the background there were about 12 people in my room ALL nurses and NICU drs... I didnt realize until my 6 weekpp check up that i got 6 yes 6 stitches.. and that I tore up rather than down.. like a question mark.. think about it.

Well i call my dr and they read my files to me and the dr put in a "worry" for babys health..

Ok NOW I am freaked out, my baby was being watched more like a high risk rather than "normal"
She came out SCREAMING and about half the drs and nurses left.

Now I didn't notice this going on. my Hubby and MIL knew more than I did at the time and I feel I dont know helpless, worried. Scared but I know that If I knew what they new things would have been worse with me being scared.

have you thought back to your delivery and "relive it" and notice things..?

to compare delivers with both kids my first was worst this was eh.. not AS painful as being induced (medically hehe thank you for castor oil)
but it was painfull.

But think about it if you haven't yet

Do you cut or have you cut PLEASE come and talk things out with us we're a new group and its ONLY for cutters or self hurting issues!! nothing leaves our group its all in privacy!! 
http://www.cafemom.com/group/108920

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
TJKUHN76
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:06 AM

Yes.. my 2nd child was born with shoulder dysplaysia.  She was litterally stuck... it was so scary...  that is why for my 3rd I opted to have a c-section.  

stpalmsgirl
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:15 AM

My labor and delivery was very smooth and without any complications, I had a lot of nurses come in and out of my room because I was the only one that day having a baby there and all of them were bored.

I don't like to not being told things by my doctor, I told my OB from the very beginning that I hate if doctors sugarcoat things and if there is a complication at any time in my pregnancy or delivery I WANT to be told the truth if I ask.

Wish2Be
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:35 AM

I wish I had known more about the magnesium sulfate they put me on. I believe it slowed down my induction ..resulting in my c-section delivery. 

Because of the magnesium...my son had to go to the NICU after he was born, and I didnt see him for a long time...I eventually passed out from exhaustion and woke up 11 hours later. From the time he was born to the time I woke up...I had only seen him for 15 minutes. Then for 24 hours after surgery I was not allowed to see my son alone...I had to be with someone at all times.

I will never agree to magnesium again.

~ Michelle 

CafeMom Tickers
PrydferthMenyw
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:52 AM

That ticks me off that a doctor does not give full disclosure to their patient at the time of the occurrence and after.  I would schedule an office visit with the doctor in their professional office - not the examining room - to have them go over your medical record with you and to explain to you all the vague entries.  You have that right.

Next, speak with your baby's pediatrician and be forthright with them.  Ask them what their worries were at her birth and if there are any worries now.

Demand explanations and do not be satisfied until you are given answers that explain everything to you and put your worries to rest.

Join us onAdvice for Moms ~ Group Mod

TravisJohnsmama
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:41 AM
Quoting PrydferthMenyw:

That ticks me off that a doctor does not give full disclosure to their patient at the time of the occurrence and after.  I would schedule an office visit with the doctor in their professional office - not the examining room - to have them go over your medical record with you and to explain to you all the vague entries.  You have that right.

Next, speak with your baby's pediatrician and be forthright with them.  Ask them what their worries were at her birth and if there are any worries now.

Demand explanations and do not be satisfied until you are given answers that explain everything to you and put your worries to rest.

ya know thats not a bad idea.. i think i will do this.. I have to be checked again cause i am having issues so maybe i can get them to tell me all what happened..

the dr that delivered Carley i had never met but once on an er trip lol... but she was wonderfull. she was just tight lipped about everything.

Do you cut or have you cut PLEASE come and talk things out with us we're a new group and its ONLY for cutters or self hurting issues!! nothing leaves our group its all in privacy!! 
http://www.cafemom.com/group/108920

canthaveboys1
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:43 AM

Yes, my second one almost died, and I almost went with her. My doctor left for vacation that day, so I was stuck with the doc from hell.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)