Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im worried hes going to get a tummy ache at this rate!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:22 AM
  • 2 Replies

my son just ate 5 oz within 2 hours! which is good. i think. because usually its 2 oz every 4-5ish hours (ya ya ya i know he should be eating every 2-3 but i cant FORCE him to eat. all i can do is offer it to him. and i do) but this evening hes been so cranky and then around 10 he ate 2 oz, about 11 he ate another oz, and around 12 he ate another 2! hes not the best burper (he can be...but he has times that he just wont) and weve had a problem with vomitting. im worried that him eating so much so fast (he inhales the bottles and refuses to burp half way through) is going to give him a tummy ache and/or cause more vomiting. advice? im not saying i dont want to feed him, and im not asking if i can try to get him to cut back because thats not it. hes having trouble gaining weight, so if he wants to eat, great! but how can i get him to slow down a little? again, im worried about his little tummy.

BTW-im breast feeding but having to pump so i can keep track of how much hes eating due to us having trouble with his weight. he still isnt above his birth weight, and hes still loosing weight.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
miss_hughes
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:23 AM

oh, and hell be 4weeks old tomorrow (tuesday)

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:16 AM

He may be having a growth spurt and therefore feels hungrier so he needs to eat more.  I remember at that age DD would nurse for about 30 min every 1 1/2 - 2 hrs .  That was a rough time.  He may not like it but you need to try to burp him every time.   Rubbing or patting his back.   I hope he starts gaining soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)