Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do i get my daughter to bed before 3am

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:43 AM
  • 6 Replies

Ok i have a 2 month old daughter (9 weeks old) i've tried everything from keeping her up during the day, less naps, swaddling, bed time baths with the bedtime wash and lotion, the swing, the bouncer. I'm lost i'm really tired and she is still up

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
nessy1980
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:48 AM

are you breast feeding?

billowfamily
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:51 AM

no i'm not i dried up at 2 weeks cause i got sick w/ a cold lame

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:51 AM

At that age  you need to keep up the naps OR the baby may end up being overtired leading to her unable to sleep.  I had many sleepless nights until we got the day/night cycle figured out.  She is 3 1/2 yo now and back to having the days and nights mixed up.  What time do you get her up in the morning?

silver_04
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:53 AM

I know exactly what your going through I went through it with my 2 yr old when she was that age I asked her Dr what to do he told me to just go with it that when she turned 4 months she will start going to sleep at night. well he was right! when she turned 4 months she started sleeping through the night I almost when out of my mind! my daughter would stay up from 2am-8am then 8am I would give her milk and she would go to sleep from 8-5pm and I would go to sleep with her the best thing I can tell is Sleep when she sleeps!

CafeMom Tickers
Insane_Elaine
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:40 AM

When your daughter wakes up at night is she hungry and do you give her a bottle? If so put 1 tablespoon of baby cereal in her formula. Rice is the best. It will keep her tummy satisfied longer so that she doesn't wake up as often. I would only do this with her night time bottles though. If done with every bottle she may gain too much weight. You will also have to have nipples with larger openings so that the cereal can come out. I hope this helps. Good luck

seas28
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:02 AM

I have a 5 month old that was doing the same thing at that age. I would swaddle, lay him down and let him cry for about a min. Then Go in and comfort them and do the same thing over again. Also when she gets up in the middle of the night for feedings, don't talk to her or turn on any lights. U don't want to stimulate her in any way. It will let her know, this is not play time, this is quite time. Sounds like she just has her days and nights mixed up. I do agree with not skipping naps, It will make her more tired and not want to sleep. Weird as that is lol. I hope this helps. Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)