Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stomping feet

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:11 AM
  • 2 Replies

My DS is 5 1/2 yrs old. He has a high anxiety level.  He also is hyperactive.
For the last few months it's been soooo annoying. Whenever I tell him he can't do something or whenever I ask him to do something he will stomp his foot. When he does that I will tell him he needs to go to his bedroom, he will then keep stomping his feet and will cross his arms and give me a nasty look and a "humf" sound. I will tell him that he needs to be in his room for 5 mi nutes and he will just keep yelling. Iwill tell him that when he stops his time will start and he will keep yelling. I will try ignoring him, but I can only take so much.
How do I get this behavior to stop?

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:45 AM

keep doing what yiu are doing,He will catch on.

PrydferthMenyw
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:46 AM

I went through this with my child who suffers from ADHD and ODD.  I would *calmly* give her two warnings and the third time I would have to take her by the hand, or arm, or whole body, if necessary, and physically put her in her room.

Of course, she would scream, throw things, hit the walls, and yell terrible things, but I never let her out until she calmed down.

If she came out and refused to stay in everytime I put her in there then I would take a privelege away, which she had to earn back later on when she was calmer by doing a chore.

Pick your battles.  Don't let every little thing get to you or you will have a coronary by the time he is 7 years old.  Hold firm to what you say to him and be sure that there are consequences for his actions.  Make sure that he understands why he is being punished or why he has lost a privelege.

There are wonderful ways to self-meditate and ways to control your inner anger (we all build it up) so that you can ease your frustration.  Take care.

Join us onAdvice for Moms ~ Group Mod

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)