Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi, new here. Need help!!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:04 AM
  • 3 Replies

So I have a 2 year old boy. He is wonderful in every way except.... he likes to push, hit, tackle, plain be mean to other kids. I have tried everything from timeout to letting the other kids do it back, he just doesnt seem to get the message that it is not ok for him to do. Can someone please give me some tips on how to change this behavior. Its not like he sees this kind of stuff at home, we are a loving family, no hitting, no shoving, none of that stuff, he is just a bully. I know he has never really been around other children as i am a SAHM, but I am looking to put him in day care soon as I am due in May with our daughter. I wanted him to get used to being around other people and not with mommie all the time.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Lor7387
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:07 AM

I would say it is probably just the terrible two's. He will outgrow it don't worry. I had a nephew about that age that used to do that to, he pull hair on the girls. But he outgrew it. It just takes time. What you are doing is right. You are doing nothing wrong. The daycare may help you.

Goodluck!!!

Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:32 AM

As you suggest, it may be that he is just so happy to be around other children but he doesn't know how to behave properly. I wonder if you could get him a huge stuffed animal and tell him that if he wants to push and tackle that the stuffed animal is for that but people (or pets) aren't.

canthaveboys1
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:43 AM

Sounds like the terrible twos. However prepare yourselfit is not just age two. Usually it goes through age three. He will eventually outgorw it. He sounds like a boy to me. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)