Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weird Symptoms.... PLEASE HELP!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:51 AM
  • 1 Replies

Hi ladies!  I know the odvious answer here will be "go see your doctor", but I figure (before I make that call, which I DO plan on making) I would ask you ladies if any of you had any insight here.......

So, I had the Essure implant done about 9 months ago.  Had the x-ray confirming that it worked about 3 months ago.  According to the doctor, everything looked good.  WELL.....  Lately I have had TERRIBLE stomach cramps on & off.  It's not consistant, but when it DOES come, OH BOY, does it hurt!  Today I noticed that I also had bloody stool.  (not sure if the 2 symptoms go hand & hand, or not.) 

SOOO....  I "googled" side effects to "Essure" & came back with nothing.  I don't know why, but I have a feeling that these symptoms are related to the implant somehow.  The side ecffects of Essure (according to the info that I googled) are still unknown, because it is a newer procedure.  HOWEVER, they DO mention that 3-4% of these women end up needing a partial hysterectomy.  BUT, the website doesn't say "WHY".  ?!?!?!   

Sooo...  Here are my questions... 

What are symptoms of an eptopic (sp?) pregnancy?

What are side effects of Essure?  (If you have any personal stories here, that would be helpful!)

Thanks ladies!  You're the best!  :-)

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
luchianna
by on Mar. 24, 2010 at 1:31 AM

Hi. I just found your post while looking for problems with Essure too. I had mine done in Feb of 08. I am having terrible bleeding and pain and discomfort. A friend of mine is currently hospitalized due to ESSURE and another just had surgery for something unrelated but wasnt aware of the problems so is now looking into seeing if it COULD be related. Try to google: Essure Complications and you should get quite a bit. I used to rave about how wonderful it was- now I just wish I could go back and get my tubes burned and I know many other woman feel that way too. There is more info on google. Look it up and see for yourself that this can turn out to be a terrible nightmare for some and hopefully your Dr has answered some important questions for you by now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)