Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Formula, Baby Food & Weight Issues

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:47 AM
  • 2 Replies

My daughter has been having weight issues. She is almost 10 months and weighs 14lbs. She finally started gaining weight and now they want her to start eating baby food again. When I try giving her baby food she doesn't eat as much or consume as many calories as she would if she was just having formula, She I just continue giving her formula until her weight is at a good point then start the baby food again.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
nessy1980
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:08 PM

I would just let your dd lead the way.  the same thing happened to my dd and after blood tests and me she worrying shes very healthy. she probably is like you and petite and thats a good thing. but because I kept offering dd food all the time now she eats the same way. every 5 minutes little bites and shes 3

Kay5333
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:16 PM

my advice would be to do both. make the bottles smaller amounts and give the bottle between bites of baby food that way its both. my son has had weight gain issues as well and was admitted to the hospital several times. they made me stop breast feeding and switch to formula. and hes 4 months old and i do both.

hope you figure it out soon!

Charles' Mommy <3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)