Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm about to pluck all my eye lashes out!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:55 PM
  • 12 Replies

So apparently the way that I sleep is causing my eye lashes(only one 1 side) to go down instead of up.  This is resulting in them being in my eye and line of vision all the time!  The only thing I've found that helps *a little* is to put on mascara and then curl them up w/ the curler thingy.  Only problem is its too big for my eye!  I can't get close enough to get all the lashes ... I just end up poking myself w/ the side of it.  What can I do?!  I've had enough of this!  I've tried sleeping differently but I always wake up in that same position w/ my eye in the pillow.  Any ideas??

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:59 PM

Try curling them without using the mascara at night. The mascara will encourage them to stay down. Sleep on your cheek instead of the whole side of your head. Even put a small pillow under your cheek so that your eye isn't on the pillow.

BaileynMe
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:03 PM

Maybe a body pillow? That way you could still sleep on your side, but not rolled so far over. 

Bonnie
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:03 PM

I've never had that happen to me. I sleep on my face most of the time, too... lol Bump!

lexismum03
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:07 PM

I saw a video from a make up artist that shows she uses a teaspoon to curl lashes instead of the curler thing.

You could try that. it works if you can get it right. You look like an idiot but hey it works!

swizzlefiz
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:10 PM

Hey, I'm more than willing to look like an idiot at this point :)  lol I figure if I do end up plucking all of them out that'd look pretty darn silly.

Quoting lexismum03:

I saw a video from a make up artist that shows she uses a teaspoon to curl lashes instead of the curler thing.

You could try that. it works if you can get it right. You look like an idiot but hey it works!

swizzlefiz
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:28 PM

Oh my goodness it works!  I looked it up on youtube and gave it a try ... sure enough they curl right up :)  Thank you so much!!

Quoting lexismum03:

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:31 PM

SWIZLEFIZ this is almost the craziest thing I have ever heard LOL! I'm sorry, I'm just a little surprised, and Snuffleupagus come to mind...

I have NO idea... Have you asked a doc about this? Has this ALWAYS gone on?? Poor thing!

lexismum03
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:38 PM

your welcome. it beats that stupid curler that always pinches my eyelid...lol I have a spoon in my makeup drawer now!

Quoting swizzlefiz:

Oh my goodness it works!  I looked it up on youtube and gave it a try ... sure enough they curl right up :)  Thank you so much!!

Quoting lexismum03:

swizzlefiz
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:43 PM

lol nope, this is a new thing!  I've always slept the same way ... I dunno why my eyelashes decided to do this on me all the sudden .... I did think about asking the dr, but then I thought they'd just look at me like I was nuts :)  The spoon thing does work though .... I had to pluck 4 very pesky ones that just kept pointing down but it got most of them to go up :)

Now I have phantom eye lashes though ... I keep seeing them and feeling them in my eye but they aren't there!  lol hopefully in a few days I'll adjust.

Quoting AM-BRAT:

SWIZLEFIZ this is almost the craziest thing I have ever heard LOL! I'm sorry, I'm just a little surprised, and Snuffleupagus come to mind...

I have NO idea... Have you asked a doc about this? Has this ALWAYS gone on?? Poor thing!

Bonnie
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:47 PM

Just the mere thought of plucking eyelashes brings a tear to my eyes. Omg.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)