Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Withdrawal Method and Pregnancy

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:14 PM
  • 10 Replies

I have a question.....How many of you moms have actually gotten pregnant using the withdrawal method?  DH and I use this method occasionally (condoms and spermicides other times)..and I was curious about how well this method works.It has worked for us so far..but I dont want to press my luck .(hubby is getting a vasectomy soon...finally got him talked into it..lol)

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:15 PM

IDK, LOTS. BUMP.

cmb121906
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:16 PM

I have 2 kids that were born with that method. He has got the big V now so it's all good.

This is what your admission looks like behind closed doors!

A lifetime of abuse and lockdown

Click for more info!

cmb121906
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:17 PM

Oh, it took 6 years of that method (with some bc used in btw) to get the first child. We thought one of us were sterile lol.

Click for more info!

Honeybun09

I know someone who has been using that method their whole relationship - 5 years now - and they've never gotten pregnant. I have a hard time believing they are both fertile...I think one of them is sterile to be honest. I just don't think that it would work for 5 years.

My husband and I use natural family planning - no birth control at all. Not even condoms. So I know when and when I cannot have sex.

I am a US citizen, formula feeding but will breastfeed until child self weans next time, co-sleeping, extended rear facing and harnessing to the maximum, God loving and fearing, anti-spanking and time-out, anti-CIO, wanting another baby but waiting, disposable diapering but will cloth diaper next time, training to be a child care assistant, natural family planning (no birth control AT ALL) mommy to one beautiful mixed baby girl!  My husband is a legal Mexican United States citizen, who is the most amazing man, husband, and father.

Have a Baby? Join us in the Babies group! ~Honeybun09: Babies Mod~

BaileynMe

We use withdrawal. The night we got pregnant he DIDN'T withdraw; it was one of those amazing nights and I wasn't paying attention and THOUGHT I was still ok (after I thought back, I realized I had counted my days wrong, lol.) It's worked well for us other than that, but DH is really good about it. 

trentntats
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:18 PM

a girl at my work got pregnant with 3 of her 4 kids that way.My best friend got pregnant with her first that way. Tried for her second. Just found out she's pregnant again using the pull out method. I could keep going

cmb121906
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:21 PM

Quoting Honeybun09:

I know someone who has been using that method their whole relationship - 5 years now - and they've never gotten pregnant. I have a hard time believing they are both fertile...I think one of them is sterile to be honest. I just don't think that it would work for 5 years.

My husband and I use natural family planning - no birth control at all. Not even condoms. So I know when and when I cannot have sex.

We went 6 years with that method and had no kids and neither of us are sterile seeings how we have 2 kids. LOL

It's possible.

Click for more info!

CjEmmemommy
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:24 PM

We use it and have since I had my daughter last July.. Got my period back this July! We aren't pregnant but I wouldn't consider it a method.. 

We are both very fertile- Got off the pill with my son, started trying and missed my period that month.. With my daughter it took 2 cycles.. So I suppose it works to an extant but I wouldn't use it if I was super concerned about getting pregnant!!

Erica

a wedding website

jmetz4
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:31 PM

Our son is a pull out baby. We used it for a while before him too. I don't think its reliable.

Xantho
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:35 PM

We used it for almost 2 years and never got pregnant.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)