Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I JUST DONT GET IT !!!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:17 PM
  • 8 Replies

Why is it that people go into the emergency room to get care because they are hurt or sick and just to in the end refuse care and get beligerant with the docs and nurses ???

here is were this is coming from ....

Last nite i got into it with my parents which all the stress landed my preggo azz in the ER ( me and baby are fine just needed some fluids ) anywho a lady in the bed next to me ( all there is , is curtans seperatng each bed so you can hear everything ) and she was loud as is but i waas gnoring her kind of in a zone HA anywho the doc who was german you can tell she had a big accent went in there verry calmly and askes whats going on and was giving her options (  think she had h1n1 or some serious virus cuz they wanted her to stay the nite ) well she got very upset and got up real fast which i think pushed she bed a lil cuz it was loud and started ripping everything off of her and saying no im not staying get away from me get off of me and just going on about how she is not staying and the poor doc was just trying to calmly talk to her hehe silly germans ( my moms german ) you know how they get all sypmathetic and oh no type things ... well the lady grabbed her things and said im not staying i dont stay in military hospitals after what happend to me 3 years ago and they were like well you have to sign a waver that ur refusing care and she said your damn rite im refusing care and she just left ....

I understand she may have had a traumatic expernience with military hospitals or what not and i dont know her whole story but my thing is YOU came into the hospital to get help KNOWING its a military hospital and KNOWING her options that she could possibly be admitted into the hospital so why are you all of a sudden getting so upset and just to refuse care and walk out .... when the docs could be helping another sick patiend who needs their help and who wants it .... i just dont get it please someone help me understand ....

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
CullenLover
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:20 PM

I dont know maybe she wanted meds or soemthing and realized she couldnt get it ? i know a few times i was in the hosp there were people that only wanted meds. or if they make a scene they can get it their way.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:22 PM

IDK, some people are FORCED into the ER... And not everyone is happy about it. Plus people get scared, and lash out.

momofboys21
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:25 PM
she one of those people who think's knows better than medical professionals. or perhaps she's crazy
mommyof2grls06
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:25 PM

I refused care for my 6 month old one time. She was about 6 weeks old and I took her to the ER because she had a fever and was coughing. Well, the doctor tried to get me to let them catheterize her to check for a UTI. I knew she didn't have a UTI because her urine was clear and she wasn't in pain when she peed. The reasoning behind the catheter was she has no shots and the doctor told me that since she has no shots she's at a greater risk of a UTI. I basically told him he was stupid because there are no shots that can prevent a UTI and left after they made me sign a paper stating I refused medical treatment. She was fine and she just had a cold, but since she was so little the doctor wanted to see her.

Women should not feel guilty if they are UNABLE to breastfeed, but they should feel guilty if they are UNWILLING to do so, and they should be intellectually honest enough to know the difference.
A proud Christian, Republican, Breastfeeding, Attachment parenting, Extended Rear Facing and Extended Harnessing, ANTI- CIO, Former fully vaxing, but now delayed and very selectively vaxing, mommy to my 3 beautiful girls and wife to my Marine!

mamakenzi
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:28 PM

Quoting momofboys21:

she one of those people who think's knows better than medical professionals. or perhaps she's crazy

Kenzie

Check out my blog: http://macklanddiares.blogspot.com

Join us on Advice for Moms -- Group Mod

Kaylee0823
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:40 PM

Hmm dik , she was pretty loud and pretty rude the whole time she was there , she had a friend or someone in her cubical i guess and they were just blabbing away about divorcing and going to someone coc and just all sorts of stuff i was trying not to be nosey so i kept forcing myself to not hear her , and then at one point i guess her friend or whoever it was , was like i have to go outside and smoke over this crap and this will put me in here to or something idk , they seemed like drama queens to me trying to make a scene to get attention ?? idk i just layed in my corner cubical bed thing and kept looking at my iv bag cuz i had to pee really badly lol

BaileynMe
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:41 PM

Some people are just nuts. That's it. 

Moody1418
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 1:46 PM

LOL> There are so many of those types of people here where I live. but I have saw people just get scared and flip out  . My grandpa was one of tose people he hated hospitals and had to be over rode just to get himt o go. but I do agree if you are truely not going to get thelp you need back off and let people get it that is there wanting it....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)