Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Remembrance Songs - Help!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:04 PM
  • 7 Replies

I'm getting married in less than 6 weeks. My DF and I have decided to pay tribute to our loved ones who are no longer with us. We're going to have a table set up with all 5 our their pictures and names on it. There is also going to be a candle for each one of them. We're going to have a family member read a poem, and then 5 other family members are going to come up once the poem is over, and light the candles for the family member it represents. We are going to play a song during this, and have no clue what song to play. Anyone know of any good rememberance songs? Thank you!

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MomToBeISaMom
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:05 PM

Brad Paisley with Dolly Parton - "When I Get Where I'm Going"

natalies_mama
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:06 PM

i think that's a really cool idea..  sarah mclaugclin - last dance ?  lol..i'd have to think on it a little more

canthaveboys1
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:13 PM

Radios in heaven by plain white tees. George Straight has a good one, See you on the other side.

Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:18 PM

To every season. (the Byrds, but others have also performed it)-  But it would work out well with a wedding and a memorial.

To everything - turn, turn, turn
There is a season - turn, turn, turn
And a time for every purpose under heaven

A time to be born, a time to die
A time to plant, a time to reap
A time to kill, a time to heal
A time to laugh, a time to weep   (and so forth)

TheMrsH
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:41 PM

I wanted to do that but I didnt.  I think Candle in the Wind by elton john or In my Life/if we never met again by elton john. Let me know what you decide.

LeXisMoMMi04
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:42 PM

In the Arms of the angels?  I dunno if thats the title, heck I'm not even sure of the artist.. Sorry :(

ashli488
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 2:45 PM

what about the song by Sean Combs (Diddy, Puff Daddy at the time) Ill be missing you? I love that song.

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)