Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feel like I'm losing my mind!!!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:22 PM
  • 3 Replies

Hello! I am a 26 year young mama of a 7 yr old and a 5 yr old. My hubby is 26 also.  I work 'round about 20 hours a week, I have to and can't work any less. My oldest is in school all day and my youngest is in school half day. My husband works +40 hrs a week. I just started back to school, i am in my second quarter back after over 7 yrs being outta school.  I am having a horrible time trying to balance house chores, children and school. I feel like I  am losing it! It got so bad last quarter that my daughter started having nightmares close to every night. I didn't realize it was me being so on edge until the quarter was over, i was back to normal and the bad dreams stopped.  I am only the third week into this quarter and already i am stressed-angry all the time. I don't want this quarter to be like the last one. HELP!!!!

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:28 PM

Wow, I understand.  Next year your daughter will be in school all day, so that will take some of the pressure off of you then. Let the housekeeping go. Everybody else can step up and take some more responsibility- your husband should be helping with the children and taking out the trash, the children can clean up their own rooms, even pulling their sheets off the bed on laundry day, and the 7 year old may be able to  make his own bed. Cut back on what you expect yourself to do. I went though a time when the children were younger that I overworked, and I burned out, it wasn't a good feeling. So cut way back for the time being. The simplest of meals, lots of take out.  Don't try to do everything yourself.

mamakenzi
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:31 PM

I agree, I'm in school too after being out for awhile.  I try to seperate my school life from my home life.  And try to take 10-30 minutes a day for yourself.  Sit in the bathroom and paint your nails, or read a book for fun!  It's amazing what a little bit of time does for stress and morale.

Quoting Bmat:

Wow, I understand.  Next year your daughter will be in school all day, so that will take some of the pressure off of you then. Let the housekeeping go. Everybody else can step up and take some more responsibility- your husband should be helping with the children and taking out the trash, the children can clean up their own rooms, even pulling their sheets off the bed on laundry day, and the 7 year old may be able to  make his own bed. Cut back on what you expect yourself to do. I went though a time when the children were younger that I overworked, and I burned out, it wasn't a good feeling. So cut way back for the time being. The simplest of meals, lots of take out.  Don't try to do everything yourself.

Kenzie

Check out my blog: http://macklanddiares.blogspot.com

Join us on Advice for Moms -- Group Mod

davidjames07
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 3:32 PM

i had the same problem except i didnt work while i was in school it was just too much.I just  did the basic chores (dishes, washed what clothes we needed, and i bought alot of those frozen pre-packaged dinners that you just throw in the crockpot and let them cook and voila) I gave up on trying to keep my house 100 percent clean all the time. Dh and I dedicated Sunday mornings to clean up not what i would normally do but enough to get the house in shape and if the laundry built up, then once i was out of school for a holiday or something I would do a couple of loads and make up for what i couldnt keep up with during the day. I concentrated on school, and my mom helped out alot by taking my son the nights before I had my tests, they were usually on Mon. Wed. & Fri. but since I had all weekend to study for Mon. she would keep him on Tues & Thurs nights. It helped out alot I got my homework done faster since i didnt have to stop every 2 seconds, and I could get some housework that i had neglected done. Good luck it does get better but do what you have to dont stress yourself if you cant get much done, school is much more important right now, and even tho dh works as well set up a sechedule and share the house duties, you cook one night he cooks another even if its just a pizza or something. Do what needs to be done and focus on school things will work themselves out. Get your kids to help with the house work also give them something age appropriate that they can do themselves it does get better. Good luck.

Breastfeeding/formula feeding, non-circumcising, vaccinating, co-sleeping, disposable diapering, spanking when needed, forward faced at 1, feed my son whatever he wants in moderation,  Wife to Joey since 01/06, mother to David James since 07/12/07, and pregnant with baby number two due June 7, 2010.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)