Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FREAKING OUT! *UPDATE*

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:29 PM
  • 13 Replies

Apparently it is just drama week here our house....I just found out I'm pregnant again last tuesday but last night I started bleeding like I am having my period. It didn't stop so I went in for an ultra sound today. They concluded that the "yolk sack" is there but that while they can't hear a heart beat just yet, it is probably way to early to hear one and that they are going to assume that there is indeed a baby in there. However the bleeding has not stoped, I'm starting to get mild period like cramps and I am not fully confident in the answer they gave me. I just feel like something is wrong, I didn't have this problem at all with my first pregnancy. Has this sort of thing happened to any of you?? What happened?? I need a little peace of mind.

*UPDATE*

Not even 20 minutes after I wrote this the bleeding got worse and I started passing large heavy clots. I called the doctor and she said that it is most likly a miscarry. I'm going in tomorrow to confirm but it can't not be with how bad the bleeding is now. Thank you all though for you kind words. My poor husband had no idea what to do either so he just brought me chocolate and hot tea. He tries so hard.in love

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nessy1980
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:42 PM

I will be praying you mommas. Please do me a favor and lay down and rest please.

SexyTeacher
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:52 PM

I had the exact thing happen to me. However, they were able to see the heart because they did a vaginal ultra sound. I was bleeding heavily and about a week later lost the baby. I hope that is not  for you and everything works out. BTW, I went to the hospital because the cramping stopped suddenly and I knew what had happened. 

Mommy2Khloe
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 5:54 PM

This has never happened to me but wanted to say congratulations & I hope everything is ok!

mommy2cristian
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 6:03 PM

It's never happened to me either.  Right off I'd say possible miscarriage but sometimes you can bleed and everything be fine.  I agree about laying down, possibly propping up your legs & taking it as easy as you can to see if the bleeding slows or stops. 

punching              playing soccer boy                 baby in sling    

Rob & Tosh since Feb '98    Cristian (3)               &       Jayden (13 months)

KimandCarrie
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:25 PM

I had that happen, but my doctor did HCG levels and I went back in 2 days and had them drawn again. It showed a drop and I lost the baby. I got pregnant right after and I had bleeding caused by a subchorionic hemorrhage and my baby girl is 2. It can go either way for you and the hardest part is trying to to stress yourself out. Good luck! 

deann66
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:48 PM

Yes it happened to me and I had miscarried...but my mom had all her periods with my sister and she was born healthy.

JLo1486
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:52 PM

I'm sorry to hear about this! :(  Good luck however it turns out.  It's a good thing that you have a loving and caring husband though!  Keep us updated please.

Mommynwife26
by Brianna on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:53 PM

Yea i had the same thing happen only I didnt know I was pregnant I just thought i was having a horrible period till one night I passed something big and i realized what was going on. Things could have been different if I had known and went in right away so I hope that because you have things turn out better...Good Luck

Caranbaby
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:56 PM

i have never had that happen to me, but while i was about 20 weeks pregnant with my daughter, i started bleeding really heavy and it turned out to be nothing and she was born healthy, so that should give u some hope.  i hope everything works out for you and the baby is ok..u are in my thoughts and prayers.

lilydoyle
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:56 PM

i've had 2 miscarriages; the first when i was 4 1/2 months pregnant, and the second when i was 1 month pregnant. the first one hurt like hell. the second was just like a regular period. so i've been there. here's the punch, though: i bled during the first 4 months when i was pregnant with my first child, and she's 5 now, perfectly healthy.

i would wait until yo go to the doctor, and have them do a blood test, just to be sure. you never know, because some women can bleed for a month, and some miscarry. also, not every pregnancy's the same, so don't assume anything. i wish good luck to you either way. know this though: you'll have the child you're meant to have.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)